theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for August 2016
Recently, i just bought s1 pump.
I would like to know how does e in built battery works?
When do i have to press the massage cycle?
The highest suction is not that strong compare to ameda is that normal?
For ameda i pump for 2omins for S1 how long do i need to pump?
- 2016-08-01I definitely need tips to climb up the corporate ladder and be a super mom so I can do justice to both my work and family..
- 2016-08-01I AM SO PISSED OFF!
Staying with my parents and they have a helper. I just got back to work (freelance) and wanted my own FDW but my parents told me no space so I have to make do with their helper who helps a lil bit.
It's been a week now that my baby doesn't eat and drink so much. She drinks 60ml max.
Past week I had back to back meetings/appointments. Came home only by dinner time. Idk how they feed her! Today I'm back early about 11am and they were feeding her Banana when it's supposed to be an hour before her lunch time. Now my baby is rejecting her lunch! She doesn't want anything at all. She drinks only (BM) 90ml five times a day. She used to take in solids very very well.
WHAT SHOULD I DO??????
- 2016-08-01My bb is drinking 160ml each feed. Realise that in the morning, she drinks lesser like 120ml. Is it normal? They are like adults - morning not much appetite so they drink lesser?
- 2016-08-01Any mummies having lower back pain? I'm trying to flatten my post pregnancy belly by doing sit-ups but I feel pain when doing so. I also can't fully bend backwards as my back will hurt. It's been 4 mths since I gave birth. Will seeing a chiropractor help? Any advice to lessen the back pain will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
- 2016-08-01The folks at home advised me to sleep while my LO sleeps so that I don't can get enough rest. Anyone tried? My 2month old sleeps for an hour or so each round in the day and I find it almost impossible to sleep when my LO sleeps, and i feel more tired to wake up from short naps. Plus I seem to have endless things to do when she sleeps!
Also, they advised that I don't let her sleep in the day so that she can sleep for a longer period at night. Does it really work cos I thought infants sleep most of the time! Thanks.
- 2016-08-01Although it's not in the contract, do you give your helper off days on both Hari Raya Puasa and Hari Raya Haji, on top of her usual off day? Do you also give red/green packet and how much do you give?
- 2016-08-01How to make my baby feel better if she has a cold?
- 2016-08-01What do you think of the Early Learning teddy bear?
- 2016-08-01Hi, my 7mth old have this redness on his left eye and its been 5days already... anyone know what is it?
- 2016-08-01S26milk powder stage 2. Overstock the milk powder.
- 2016-08-01Which is the best? Im looking for something with an affordable price which will be babies comfort item, preferably with music to help him soothe to sleep.
ELC learning bear
Fisherprice soothe and glow seahorse
- 2016-08-01How do you cook your lo porridge ?
Slow cook ? Strove ? Or electric lunch box ?
- 2016-08-01Baby is 3 months old. I personally have severe seperation anxiety and major anxiety issues alongside with other conditions. My toodler has seperation anxiety too (no bad experience before) What should i do to help baby to cope with the seperation anxiety which has distruped the daily usuals in life.
Note: Aside to all this, there is an underlying issue.
- 2016-08-01Are you well versed with basic mental health knowledge?
People often see the doctor pertaining to their physical health condition. Why dont people do the same for their mental well being too.
- 2016-08-01Mental illness vs Mental disorder what is the difference?
- 2016-08-01Mental health a Stigma in Asia?
- 2016-08-01How do you deal with interfaith issues?
- 2016-08-02When will be a good time to let toddler sleep on a pillow? My lo is coming 20 months and has not slept on a pillow since birth.
- 2016-08-02My 3.5 mth old sleeps at 10-11pm, wakes up for a night feed around 4am, sleeps till 7am for another feed and will continue sleeping till 10-11am. Is this schedule normal? I notice lots of parents giving their LO bedtime at 7-8pm. What time do they wake up in the morning?
- 2016-08-02How do you still apply positive parenting techniques when your child has done something wrongful?
- 2016-08-02Anyone tried the Moo Moo Kow One size swim diapers? What's your experience with it
- 2016-08-02Hi, any recomend for day time baby sitter?
- 2016-08-02How do I toilet train my lo at night without wearing diapers?
- 2016-08-02Does taking photo with flash light cause harm to the infant eyes ?
- 2016-08-02Do you believe in Positive Parenting or Ancestor's Parenting means shouting, spanking etc ;) ?
- 2016-08-02Does your formula fed baby poop everyday ? My baby is 3.5 mo and doesnt poop everyday. She only poop once every two days...anything i can do to make her poo everyday ? TIA
- 2016-08-02Any good PDs to recommend in the west? Thanks!!
- 2016-08-02Any nice and reasonable dinner tingkat to recommend?
- 2016-08-02Hi, does Myamar maid need to apply for visa when entering Malaysia? If yes can please advise where and how to apply and the cheapest option . Thanks
- 2016-08-02My baby currently 11 months. I'm facing problem that she won't allow me to clean a mouth & teeth. As she always shut her mouth tightly . Previously it's okie as I'm using thin cloth to clean her tongue and gum. Anyone can share their experiences with me and recommendation ? Thanks
- 2016-08-02How to handle a situation where you are angry at your child?
- 2016-08-02Can you reverse the damage done if you've (unknowingly) practiced negative parenting for years?
- 2016-08-02Which portable bottle warmer should I get ? Cos I'm going overseas in Sep & my mum will be taking care of baby & she might need to bring breastmilk out to feed LO.
- 2016-08-02Please share your pumping schedule with me. I'm power pumping + taking oats & almond milk + drink lots of fluids and direct latching. Still unable to pump enough for my lo :( Worrying for my supply :(
- 2016-08-02Does positive parenting have an avenue for whacking kids if they dun behave? If so, when would we stop caning them?
- 2016-08-02Is it true that infant care teachers will ignore babies crying because they have another baby to handle and they have practice not to carry babies too often. Is it true and is it applied to all infant centres?
- 2016-08-02Which essential oils are safe for nursing mummies?
- 2016-08-02Is compassionate parenting similar to positive parenting?
- 2016-08-02How to not yell specially when you are really tired and angry that the kid is not listening? From where to get positivity?
- 2016-08-02Hi Shanti, is there any fb page except website?
- 2016-08-02Is it something I should be concerned that my LO only flips on one side? LO will only flip to her left if i gives her a slight push, I tried encouraging her to flip to her left by placing toys on the left, but she will only turn to her side and seemed stuck. However, she flips pretty fast on her right.
- 2016-08-02Just sharing to all mummies and daddies..
NLB is having such programme for little kids.. And baby born from 2016 are entitled with a free membership and goodies bag filled with storybooks , cd and other stuff... Check it out
- 2016-08-02which are the recommended places to visit & dine in HongKong with a pre-schooler?
- 2016-08-02How to make sure my helper is a good educational influence on our baby?
- 2016-08-02Does breastfeeding mom drinking iced drinks (particularly ice chocolate) cause running nose or cold in their babies?
- 2016-08-03Hi mummies. Any recommendation for electric breast pump? And where to get them?
- 2016-08-03hi, air purifier or diffuser? which one would you choose? heard a lot of good things about yleo though
- 2016-08-03What is it like when your baby is teething? Share your experience!
- 2016-08-03Is it normal for baby 3.5 mo to have 2-3 hours nap in one go ? She will have short naps around 45 mins around 2 times before going for long nap that can be up to 2-3 hours.... She normally sleep around 9-10pm at night even after long nap. TIA
- 2016-08-03My neighbor just curse my baby, cause she started crying in the lift. He Went to a rage and started yelling knnccb to my kid and other vulgar words. I am still in shock. Can I go and complain to the police or town council about him? I don't know his name but know the unit number
- 2016-08-03How do I start solid. What do I need to buy before starting solid? Pls recommend Brand’s and price of the items as well. Thanks
- 2016-08-03Has anyone ever tried the RotiMatic? Is this going to replace me in the kitchen? haha *fingerscrossed
Let me know how the roti's are if you've tried this.. I'm thinking of getting one!
- 2016-08-03Toddler girls 2 piece wear at $23 with normal mail.
Top length 39cm, bust 66cm, skirt length 23cm.
Suitable for height up to around 100cm.
- 2016-08-03Anybody can share when is a good time to start potty training baby?
- 2016-08-03Any recommendations on a good holiday place to go to for first holiday with baby at 8-9mths of age? Are long flights out?
- 2016-08-03My husband and I are trying to conceive, but it seems like every time we have sex and he ejaculates its just leaks out and I'm not sure if any is going inside me. Any suggestions on what to do to fix this problem?
- 2016-08-03How to give blueberry for 7m old baby?
- 2016-08-03Electric breastpump: Spectra VS Cimilre
- 2016-08-03very random. how can I post photos from my photo album? everytime I click the camera icon it goes to camera.
- 2016-08-03What are your thoughts on sleep training?
- 2016-08-03Any mummy use tollyjoy electric breast pump?
How is it?
- 2016-08-03How do you put your baby to sleep without having to latch on? My husband is frustrated if I have nights out with my girls as he cannot put her to sleep. She'll wait for me to come home and then she'll nurse to sleep. And thanks to that, I have to always be home early! :( I only get nights out once a week.
- 2016-08-03I left my job as a teacher 1 year ago, right after my maternity leave. I'm intending to go back to work now since my baby can already be in a CC. I've submitted my resume to approx 80 companies since a month ago and NONE has gotten back at me :( so depressed!!!! Need to work asap to get subsidy for working mom grant.
- 2016-08-03Letting go a Baby Spa package at $550.
15 water training sessions + 5 massage sessions
Interested parties please text me at 90918518!
- 2016-08-03My husband's relatives are of view that a healthy newborn should have a birth weight of at least 3kg. My lo was born at 2.6kg, full term, and is having serious reflux issue. Feeling sad that they associate her birth weight with reflux. How can I convince them that the reflux is not due to their lower-than-expected birth weight? Or is it really true that a lower birth weight makes a baby more prone to issues after birth? Thanks.
- 2016-08-03Anyone knows of any tingkat service which allows us to choose only 3 times a week instead of the usual 5 days?
- 2016-08-03Any mummies find lo drink much less when they start teething? Will they lose a lot of weight? Mine is drinking half to 2/3 his normal and starting to lose a bit of weight.. he normally has a good appetite but now can rarely finish his milk.. any tips on how to handle teething babies and their milk intake? I bottle feed ebm..
- 2016-08-04Dear parents i would like to seek advise. My lo is 5mo and just had a bout of flu 3 weeks ago and we brought her to see a pd and she recovered for a week and now block nose and coughing with phelgm again...when i suck out her mucus this time its yellowish. I still have leftover med from last round..shd i give the med again or shd i monitor if she can recover on her own? Or shd i bring to pd again? I dont wish that a small baby take so much medication..prefer natural healing...but is yellowish mucus a big concern? She dont cough as much during the day..but night time cough more and nose more block. Attached a pic of her mucus...
Also i am still breastfeeding only giving last feed fm...wonder why her immunity is so low that she get sick 2 mths in a row.....
Thanks in advance!
- 2016-08-04I'm babywearing my 6 months old baby using an inward facing ergonomic structured carrier.
Recently my baby is constantly checking out his surroundings, do i need to get an outward facing carrier? Is outward facing babywearing safe for baby’s back?
- 2016-08-04Do slings provide proper support, particularly back support for young kids?
- 2016-08-04What's the best way to use baby wearing for a newborn?
- 2016-08-04What is a good birthday present for my niece who is 12 years old this year?
- 2016-08-04Is there a particular age to start babywearing your child? Also, what should we specifically be mindful for at certain ages?
- 2016-08-04Hi mommies,what activities would you let your 5months LO have?and is a cartoon TV ok for them to watch at this age?thanks
- 2016-08-04Upto what age is it recommended to wear a baby?
- 2016-08-04How do I pick a babywear that would be good for the posture of my child?
- 2016-08-04What is the safest method to wear my baby?
- 2016-08-04Is it advisable to ring sling a toddler? My 13 kg 2.5 yr old always gives me a shoulder ache when I sling him. Wondering if he's too big already.
- 2016-08-04Hi mummies can i know how to use the sterilising tablet to soak the baby bottles?
- 2016-08-04My 4.5 mth old baby girl has pretty bad rashes on her face and neck. Anyone has any good dermatologist to recommend for babies?
- 2016-08-04How do I start building my stash now? I'm exclusively direct latching and I'm not able to express enough after lo latches on. Maximum volume I can express is 50ml after he latch. I'm gg on trip in early September and I have only 10 packs of ebm now
- 2016-08-04How to attract my son to babywear again? Right now he is starting to walk & run
- 2016-08-04Just wondering after baby outgrown the bath tub, do you still keep it or throw/recycle/donate?
- 2016-08-04The functions of hip seat n ssc is it the same?
- 2016-08-04For a 6 month old baby, is it also necessary for them to have a curve shape when placed them in the carrier ? When I first place baby in it, her back was like slightly arching inwards. Why so?
- 2016-08-04I will have to hand express after pumping, however my lefty always end up messy.. one of the 'hole' on my left nipple, the milk sprayed sideways instead to the front. Milk ended up on either my hand, chair or floor. A bit of milk was wasted and i also have cleaning up to do. Is there any way to correct this problem or is it something to be concerened about?
- 2016-08-04Is activated charcoal tablet safe for pregnancy? I'm having diarrhea and stomachache.
- 2016-08-04My baby has dimple's ontop of her cheekbones... is that normal?
- 2016-08-04Any1 going for the sg mass latch on? Can help me to vote for A13 Riorden Liow. Thanks in advance :)
- 2016-08-04Hi mummies,any organic rice rusks to recommend?
- 2016-08-04Not asking but just to share one of the photos taken during our last sling meet at Ion Sky. Photocredit: Mymummythephotographer
Wrap: Oscha Slings
- 2016-08-04Is it safe for baby to be outward facing?
- 2016-08-04What essential oil is good for congested nose and coughs for a 6 month old baby? If diffusing is the safest method , can it be done with baby in the room?
- 2016-08-04Any recommended paediatric TCM centre or physician for 6 month old baby ( for coughs and flu)?
- 2016-08-04What brand of essential oil you use for baby, care to share ? Thanks!
- 2016-08-04How do you prepare your baby's formula milk when travelling overseas? Do you need to use distilled water?
- 2016-08-04Need any opinion? Any of the children or your child will hit each other at childcare? Maybe due to common arguements eg snatching your toys etc.... How mummies deal with it? The teacher will highlight either your child or other child will start the fight... Is it common in the childcare? The children are all 2 yrs old.
- 2016-08-04How could you climb the corporate ladder higher or secure your job if you were exclusively pumping Mom who need to pump 3-4 hourly? You still need to dl your high-need baby afterwork and she may wake up every 1-2hour for comfort sucking at night? Sorry being so negative as recently was forced to quit my job by company. I did my job well too just not as efficiency as before. I can't do as late as before as I need to back home on time. I can't put more effort and more focus on work as I need to pump exclusively. Should gov do something to support breastfeeding mummy such as having more flexible time and encourage those company hire breastfeeding mummy? Really feel helpless and depressed. Why mummy have to scarify lots especially their career path?
- 2016-08-04In Singapore is it compulsory to attend Kindergarten ?
- 2016-08-04When can we start giving yogurt to weaning babies ? And also what kind of yogurt to give ? TIA!
- 2016-08-04When do you find the time to have sex when you have more than 2 young kids, each less than 2 yrs gap? We co-sleep with kids in the same room but on separate beds. Husband comes home from work about 8pm and try to get things started but kids are awake and I have so much to do. By the time kids fall asleep, husband is snoring away, tired from work and resting for next day of work. On weekends, husband gets so horny and I said to wait till night time after kids are asleep eventhough i am turned on, but it never happens as kids sleep so late. It has been weeks since we had good sex.
- 2016-08-04Is a quicky enough to satisfy husbands' sexual needs? Will the wife end up feeling unsatisfied or used? if so, does husband feel guilty about not being able to satisfy their wive's sexual needs and desires?
- 2016-08-04I would like to install window grille. Any recommendation? Ok with typical ones
- 2016-08-05What are the recommended boiler or cooker which I can use to cook porridge at work and bring home in time to feed baby? TIA
- 2016-08-05Hi all, any recommendations for good gynae at NUH?
- 2016-08-05Where can I find these in Singapore? I bought this years ago and I can't remember where. I need a new one as I'm using cloth wipes on my baby and I need to spray them with solution for use.
- 2016-08-05My LO put everything her mouth and i can't get her to stop. Sometimes, she threw her milk out, after putting stuffs into her mouth. How to stop her from doing this?
- 2016-08-05Any feedback on Learning Vision? Whats the curriculum like?
- 2016-08-05May I know is fresh milk good for lo after one ? Or formulae ?
- 2016-08-05Hi all! I'm new to this and it seems to be an interesting app. Other than this app, is there any other recommended and responding apps for parents or kids?
- 2016-08-05I just lost my job. Company says I am not competent enough for the position. I have been trying but somehow I just can't do well. I am the main Breadwinner. 2 kids. My Wife stays at home. I do I tell her. I feel ashame.my wife already says I dont earn enough for the family and ask me to take on second income
- 2016-08-05Any recommendation for travels in Tokyo ? Fun place or nice scenery place to visit ?
- 2016-08-05Any time management tips for working mums?
- 2016-08-05I always feel guilty for leaving my kids behind but i have to work. Any tips to help me feel less guilty?
- 2016-08-05My 9month LO recently 4-5days only poop once. Is it normal? Consider serious constipation? She is breastfeeding and solids now. I will give her water after solids (about half cup of water each day). Is it enough? as breastmilk contains lots water too.
- 2016-08-05Hello mummies. I recently sent my then 14 week old daughter to an ifc just before my maternity leave ended. She just learned how to flip when she was 18 weeks old. (For the record, I have also stopped swaddling her long time ago since she was abt 2.5months old). However the IFC teachers recently tell me that they have always been swaddling her so that she can sleep 'better'. In fact.. the better meant she can sleep as long as 2.5hr to 4.0hr during day time when she is at IFC. Back at home, her naps are always between 30mins to 1.5hr max, never exceeding 1.5hrs. Was wondering if any LOs out there also nap as long during daytime back at home or over at IFC? My worries: 1) I prepare 3 bottles of EBM for 3hrly feeding, but she always drinks at most 2 bottles during the 9hrs she spends there! So the IFC teachers always defend to say, sleep is good for baby's growth and development, so we don't wake her up. 2) Isn't it said that once baby starts to flip/roll over, they should no longer be swaddled? (I did make it known to them abt this milestone). 3) Is something not right that my baby sleeps unusually longer over at IFC? Or am I just over worrying? Please share your thoughtsnand experiences with me. Many thanks!
- 2016-08-05Which thermos flask will be good for preparing bb milk formula? where can it be brought as well?
- 2016-08-05Where to buy vegetable and fruit wash and which brand u recommend?
- 2016-08-05How many here use cotton wool n water (not baby wipes) to clean newborn for the first mth?
- 2016-08-05Any maid agency to recommend? And how is the cost like?
- 2016-08-05Using bottle feed or cup feed for newborn baby? Which is more advisable? Ever since my newborn baby use bottle feed she will tend to vomit milk out of sudden. And yesterday she vomitted 3 times, there's one time which she vomitted almost all the milk out after drinking. Please advise.
- 2016-08-05When my newborn is back for first few days everything is well sleeping in the baby cot. After that, she got a habit of ppl carrying and sleeping downstairs instead. How do I ensure the routine is back to sleeping in the baby cot? Please advise I don't wish to make it a habit that she will she sleeping downstairs at the sofa every now and then with people carrying her in the arms.
- 2016-08-06I have short nipples. Will the use of a nipple shield help elongate my nipples ?
- 2016-08-06My 6 months old baby was on full breastmilk for the first 6 months of her life and she would poop abt 3-4 times daily. recently i started solids (carrots, potatoes, squash and rice cereal) and I would feed her some water (abt 40-60ml daily). but she only poops once a day now (a big one!). should I be concerned?
- 2016-08-06Anyone know Dr Poon King Fu? How's his services and skills?
- 2016-08-06My son wants to play Pokemon GO, is it safe for a 5 year old ?
- 2016-08-06Is it normal for babies to snore while sleeping? Does it mean she is excessively sleepy?
- 2016-08-06Has anyone engaged a breast masseur to boost your supply?
- 2016-08-06My 4days old boy have this reddish discharge on diaper not sure if it's blood. He has not poop on Day 3 too and diaper isn't too wet too. Today is weekend PD already close, any advise so far 2 diaper with this but the colour is not strong.
- 2016-08-06Pls kindly share a review on mmi bukit batok csc club?
- 2016-08-06What kind of baby food steamer should I be buying? Price N brand
- 2016-08-06How long does the running nose/blocked nose goes off. Coughing on n off. My 5 month old dau just been like this for the pass 3 days. I bring her to polyclinic. Looks like meds doesnt wk. Today i brought her to Pediatrician. Lets see how e meds ..my heart is so painful seeing her like that. So stress
- 2016-08-06Any mummies got the time to catch the pokeman today?
- 2016-08-06Anyone using Cimilre F1 breast pump? What are the pros and cons of it? Do u recommend this model among the rest of the spectra pumps? I'm looking for a portable motor that's easy to carry around when I travel oversea and bringing to and fro from work.
- 2016-08-06Any review of star learners at Tanjong Pagar?
- 2016-08-06just wondering if is it a must to go to the pd that was assigned to us from the hospital ? She wanted us to go to her 3 days after we discharge but we were not super comfortable with her.
- 2016-08-06Hey mums and dads, do you feel guilty towards your elder one when your 2nd one came along? How do you split your time between the 2 or more kids?
- 2016-08-06These few nights, my girl keeps flipping to tummy position while zzz. Despite us keep turning her back to sleeping on her back. She is 6 months old. Why this behavior?