How do you cook your lo porridge ? Slow cook ? Strove ? Or electric lunch box ?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have used all 3. Depends on what porridge im cooking and if i have the the time. I prefer the slow cooler best. All i have to do is dump everything inside and leave it overnight. I use the slow cooker to make soups too. Best part, if i make soup with it, i need not add any kind of condiments. At the most just a tiny wee bit of salt. And all the nutrients are kept in the porridge or soup. Down side, you need to have time. By the way, some slow cookers have timers on them. That may work out for busy times without the need of worrying. Happy cooking!

Read more
8y ago

Electric lunch boxes are normally to reheat the food, it is also able to cook food using steam. So in this case for food which needs to be cooked for instance Pau, Vegetables they can be steamed. Wheras, i have not known of anyone who steams porridge. Hope this helps.

Used stove. Wash the rice. For the rice to water ratio, I usually base on estimation. Roughly about 1 cup rice to 8-10 cups water I would say. When cooking, got to keep stirring every now and then to prevent the rice from sticking to the pot. Will take awhile for a thicker consistency.

I am using slow cooker for the porridge. Will cook from 6am and ready to feed baby at 11am. Rmb to add hot water if not it will take ages to boil. Stove is for cooking of soup for baby's dinner! Blender for puree food for snack time!!

Stove with glassware. Soak rice portion for LO meal. Either cook plain porridge with water or use soup to cook flavoured porridge. Soup with slow cooker, meat and soup vege. LO 11 mths yet to intro salt n sugar.

I am using stove and stainless steel pot to cook for food safety reason. Don't have to worry chemicals from the plastic in electric lunchbox or leads from slow cooker will seep into the food

VIP Member

I Cook my little one porridge over the stove as I think it's better for them to have some texture in their food & nutrients retains better when not overcooked

I use slow cooker for my little girl porridge as I think it's the best and ceramic pot which is good...

I use stove, slow fire, slowly simmer the rice to porridge