How to make my baby feel better if she has a cold?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When your baby is down with a cold, some simple remedies and a big dose of love can make her feel better and much more comfortabe. Here are some methods you can try: 1) Just like us adults, babies need plenty to drink when they are ill. Fluids can actually help thin mucous which makes it easier to clear. If your baby is under 6 months old, breast milk and formula are the best options. If your baby is older, you can also give her water or juice. 2) If your baby is having difficulty sleeping, added moisture to the air of baby's bedroom will be much appreciated. This will keep her nasal passages moist, and reduces nighttime coughing and stuffiness. Hope your baby will feel better soon!

Read more

Love, hugs, cuddles and medication will help. You can also try elevating her head when she sleeps at night. Cold can get pretty nasty in the night and cause baby to be unrested. Also if you have a humidifier, that would help. Works for me pretty well. Not forgetting fluids are crucial be it for babies, kids, adults or even grandparents. Water is one of the best remedies. Prayers are with you. Get well soon little bub.

Read more
VIP Member

I use this when my lo has cold or cough. Rub abit on her chest, back and soles of the feet. If shes still young, might not be suitable to rub on nostrils. Use a humidifer in the room if she is sleeping in air con room. Air con usually dries up the air so that will help. Good to drop a bit of eucalyptus in the water. Just a little. Hope she gets well soon!

Read more
Post reply image

I also having a hard time making my little boy feel better.... he is coughing non stop..... I do whatever I can... use essential oil to help him breath better.... steam orange with salt for him..... use chest rub for him... apply to his sole tooo...give fluid. ...give honey. ... use sterimma. ...every kids fall sick... the most heartpain is the parents. .....

Read more

Let baby sleep abit higher when she is sleeping by placing a support under the bed so at least she can breathe better when she sleep. Non aircon will be good. Use nasal aspirator if baby is not a new born to sick the extra mucus out. And apply 1drop lavender oil from Young Living diluted according to advise stated onto chest , back and baby soles

Read more

I use vicks and that works wonders . Seems to open up their blocked nose a bit . Apply on chest and feet and wear socks . Prep their head up higher with pillow so they can breathe better . If baby have severe blocked nose , I will use illadin. That's for clearing blocked nose so they can breathe better

Read more

If u r sleeping in an aircon room, use a humidifier. It will moisten the air. U might want to go to pharmacy to buy kids sterimar aka salt water spray and spray the nose 4 times a day. Will loosen the mucus and help yr child recover faster

I use baby balsam when my baby has cold and cough by rub it on his chest , back & feet ( wear socks)