How do I start building my stash now? I'm exclusively direct latching and I'm not able to express enough after lo latches on. Maximum volume I can express is 50ml after he latch. I'm gg on trip in early September and I have only 10 packs of ebm now

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some of my friends shared that pumping in the morning helps. They feel that their breast is fuller in the morning. Some try to squeeze in an additional pump session when baby is down for the morning nap. Not sure if this will work for you, but worth a try. Also, drinking plenty of fluid and trying different milk booster may help increase the supply as well. Good luck!!

Read more
8y ago

Yes. My morning supply is indeed better than any other time of the day. That's the only chance I get to build up my stash. But if this carries on, I wouldn't have enough after I get back to work in end sept

This worked for me: Pump every 3 hours whether there is milk or not. If you do not pump then just DL baby. In between every 30mins drink half to a glass of water. Aside ti that try, Papaya souo, milo, barley etc to boost. It should work out. Point is determination, discipline and perseverance. Not sure if this would work for you. All the best!

Read more
8y ago

Definitely trying out! Thanks for the tips!

Hi, I drank more warm water and pumped more often 2 months before I started work. It helped and the soup (papaya, black bean) did actually help me to produce more milk. I really drank alot more and kept boiling more soup to keep the supply going.

You can try this method while latching your baby pump another side ,it works for me try out,do drink more water too good luck to you