I left my job as a teacher 1 year ago, right after my maternity leave. I'm intending to go back to work now since my baby can already be in a CC. I've submitted my resume to approx 80 companies since a month ago and NONE has gotten back at me :( so depressed!!!! Need to work asap to get subsidy for working mom grant. HELP?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For temp jobs, agents will be v active to help you. However, if applying for a perm full time job advisable for you to apply direct to the company because in recruitment agencies industry it is v sales competitive and the consultants will need to ensure the CVs that they send to clients come with necessary experience. The consultants will just keep your CV in their database despite telling you they will help you and MIA from there.

Read more

Sighhh. It's not just you. Lots of people are finding it hard to get jobs. It's the economy... not many are hiring or are very picky with hires. Agree with the mommy above, sign up with a recruitment company and in the meantime, take on jobs on a freelance or part time basis. Something will pop up sooner or later :)

Read more

I can only give you some moral support here.. Try recruitment agencies, tuition centres or adhoc tutoring for now (if this could qualify for the grant?)? I hope you hear back from some soon! All the best!!

Read more

Home tuition is really in demand. Most parents preferred to look for ex-teacher to teach children in prep for p1. You can consider it and its flexible. You still able to get subsidy although its freelance job.

Similar problem too. Had to find jobs after I stop work for 2 years to look after my kids. I am working part time at the moment now. How about trying for home tuition instead?

Try for some part time job first, as you are a teacher last time. I'm not sure you looking back for this job. Get recruit agent.

VIP Member

Hugs. You might wish to take up a temporary job assignment first. Search help from job agencies they might be able to help you.

Not sure if tutoring would give you enough hours to qualify for child care grants. Did you try MOE adjunct scheme?