My 6 months old baby was on full breastmilk for the first 6 months of her life and she would poop abt 3-4 times daily. recently i started solids (carrots, potatoes, squash and rice cereal) and I would feed her some water (abt 40-60ml daily). but she only poops once a day now (a big one!). should I be concerned?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is common for baby to experience changes in the patterns of their bowel movements when solids are introduced. Some may have more frequent bowel movements, while others (like your baby) may decrease. You need not be too concerned as it doesn't sound like your baby is having constipation. Still, here are some signs that you can look out for which may indicate that your baby may be having constipation (just fyi): - Hard, compact, infrequent stools. - Pain during pooping. One sign would be if your baby cries in pain as she poops, that might mean he/she is constipated. - Streaks of blood in or on the poop. You can refer to this article for more information on how to handle a baby with constipation: http://www.startbabyonsolids.com/baby-solid-foods-reactions/handling-baby-constipation/

Read more
VIP Member

Yep it’s normal. The longest that my girl hasn’t pooped was 4 days. I got so worried too but I learned it was normal.

Nothing to worry at all! I gave my girl pear, papaya too.. N abt 30ml water a day.. She does her poopnami before bed.

my boy poops once a week! 6MO, latched, and on baby led weaning. it smells terrible when it arrives!

Nothing to worry... :)

Super Mum

Nope. It's normal :)

Super Mum

Perfectly normal:)

VIP Member

Sld be fine

VIP Member

Normal

Nope