Is it true that infant care teachers will ignore babies crying because they have another baby to handle and they have practice not to carry babies too often. Is it true and is it applied to all infant centres?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is difficult to generalize how babies are handled in the infant care. My friends heard stories about teachers letting babies cry or handling the babies in a "not so gentle" way. What she did when looking for an infant care is to book a tour to have a chat with the teachers there. Also, she went down to her shortlisted centre(s) and observe through the windows how the teachers handled the babies. She went at different timings (she was still not back to work yet) when she could.

Read more

My best friend sends her 9 month old to infant care somewhere in Jurong and she says the staff are particularly attentive. She has observed them for some time and she has no issues with how her son is treated. That being said, her son's "class" is pretty small (about 8 babies) and there are about 3 teachers at a time. I think it's not right to generalize like what the mommy above said. Best to do your research accordingly before picking a school or child care :)

Read more