Any recommended paediatric TCM centre or physician for 6 month old baby ( for coughs and flu)?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've read that Herbal Basic TCM is a great place to get TCM advice for families with small kiddies. It is a specialty centre that focuses on safe and natural treatments for kids especially if they have conditions like allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, coughs and colds. They utilise herbal baths and massage therapy to offer little kids the much needed relief. Here are the address details: Herbal Basic TCM 727 Havelock Road S169648 Tel: 6376 2345

Read more

You can try Yu Guo Chinese Physician, I've heard good reviews of the place. They offer child massages that will help in the treatment and prevention of childhood illnesses. They are located at: 8 Jalan Masjid #B1-01 S418944 Tel: 6447 4761 Operating hours: Weekdays (closed on Wednesday) Morning 9am-12.30pm Noon 2pm-5pm Night 6.30pm-8.30pm Saturday 9am-12:30pm 2pm-5pm Sunday 9am-12:30pm Closed on public holidays

Read more
8y ago

Each session is $35. Excluding the herbal medicine pack (not for consumption but to place at the baby belly button area)

6 months old? If the medication provided has issue, how are you going to explain it to the doctor at hospital? Given that they are western doctor, how do they know what type of medications were administered? There are a lot of implementation issues. Maybe can try tuina but try to beware of giving infant TCM.

Read more

I'd go to yuguo if the cough and flu is really bad. other then that just the usual sterima nasal spray. if you have a humidifier that would be good.

VIP Member

I would say go for tui na first. Secondly, use a nasal spray to clear the mucus in baby nasal passage. Excess mucus will cause coughing