The folks at home advised me to sleep while my LO sleeps so that I don't can get enough rest. Anyone tried? My 2month old sleeps for an hour or so each round in the day and I find it almost impossible to sleep when my LO sleeps, and i feel more tired to wake up from short naps. Plus I seem to have endless things to do when she sleeps! Also, they advised that I don't let her sleep in the day so that she can sleep for a longer period at night. Does it really work cos I thought infants sleep most of the time! Thanks.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey dear, please allow infants to sleep as much as they need. It is when they sleep that they grow. Sleep is an essential and part of a babies growth. Well i would say it depends on each individual, some may feel worst from having naps in between, wheras others may feel that it helps them. Do what works for you. Doesnt matter what others say. To each its own. Rest well dear, it is when our needs are met then can we provide for our LO.

Read more
5y ago

And please let babies sleep and eat on demand!

Mine also telling me to rest while baby sleeps, but where got time? Still need wash baby clothes, bathe, eat, relax a bit. My LO sleeps so much in the day that she can stay awake for 3 hours during the night or she will not be in deep sleep (wakes up every hour). Now trying to make her stay awake in the evening so that she sleeps better during the night, but when I see her sleeping so soundly, I don't bear to wake her up

Read more

What your parents suggest are great advice in theory. If it's possible for you to follow through, I reckon all the benefits suggested will be blessings for you. You can give the suggestions a go and see how things are. But in real life, it's not as easy as it seems. Different babies have different sleeping habits. I guess you can train baby to not sleep in the day but bear in mind that it will make baby cranky...

Read more
VIP Member

Sleeping while LO sleeps saved my life for the first few months! Yes, there may be a lot of things to do but some can probably wait and aren't as urgent as you think - if you don't have enough rest, you won't be able to look after LO and might affect your milk supply if you're breastfeeding. However, I believe that no matter how old your child is - you should just let LO sleep and eat on demand :)

Read more
Super Mum

Sleep if you're tired when baby's sleeping, even half hour naps can be helpful. Newborns should only stay awake for 1-2 hours max at a time, don't limit their nap. Sleep is important for their growth.

VIP Member

sometimes. easier to say than done. when they are asleep, we realised so many things to be done. how to sleep 🤣 haha

VIP Member

Yes. It is important to take short naps while the baby sleeps. You have to try

VIP Member

Please try to rest or nap whenever ur baby sleeps. It helps. :)

Rest more is. Better

Super Mum

U shd when when baby sleeps. It helps alot.