Any mummies find lo drink much less when they start teething? Will they lose a lot of weight? Mine is drinking half to 2/3 his normal and starting to lose a bit of weight.. he normally has a good appetite but now can rarely finish his milk.. any tips on how to handle teething babies and their milk intake? I bottle feed ebm..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here are some signs commonly associated with teething: - irritability or fussiness - drooling (could lead to facial rash) - gum swelling and sensitivity - gnawing or chewing behaviour - refusing food - sleep problems For more information on signs of teething: http://www.babycenter.com/0_teething-your-babys-first-teeth_11243.bc It is common for baby to refuse food or to eat less when he/she is teething. This is due to the discomfort of swollen gums etc. If baby is still eating, my friends are usually not too worried. One tried spoon/syringe feeding once as her baby totally refused food for a few meals. Fortunately, this phase will pass. Try getting some teething toys or help to massage baby's gums to help soothe his discomfort.

Read more

Mine too drinkin and eating lesser. Plus teething makes him diahrrea too. Really lose Abit of weight