theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for July 2016
- 2016-07-11Hello! I would like to start preparing teachers' day gift for my child's childcare. May I know how are the other parents preparing?
1) do you prefer for all the teachers including kitchen help?
2) what's the budget?
- 2016-07-11Hi does anyone have contact for babysitter west area? Christian if possible. If not no altar or praying table. Thanks for the help.
- 2016-07-11Can I still register my child for P1 if she did not complete the recommended immunisation requirements?
- 2016-07-11Anyone selling elmo and friends cake toppers or any suggestion to where can I get them from? Thanks!
- 2016-07-11Anyone selling elmo and friends cake toppers or any suggestion to where can I get them from? Thanks!
- 2016-07-11hhi everyone, do you have experience sending your baby to infant care at the age of 8 months? As they can already recognise strangers, will it be hard for them to adjust? Appreciate if you can share your experience.
- 2016-07-11Any good magician to recommend?
- 2016-07-11I'm not feeling well and doc prescribe me medications that are breastfeeding friendly... should I pump n throw or could I feed my LO?
- 2016-07-11This morning while changing my baby girl's diaper, I noticed that her genital is super red.
Yesterday I let her try the Drypers Touch for the first time for about 4 hours then changed back to her Merries diaper before sleeping.
After noticing that her genital is super red this morning I applied nappy rash cream and let her wear cloth nappy instead. But while changing her nappy again I noticed that there is slight abrasion.
Has anyone encounter this before? Any suggestions?
- 2016-07-11Dear mummies, can i know to store breast milk in fridge must it be cool from room temperature after pumping or must store immediately in the fridge after a pump?
- 2016-07-11I want to start reading to my child. Any rules? How long should I start reading to her? She is 6 months old. Is it too early to start reading?
- 2016-07-11Yew tee primary or unity primary is better?
- 2016-07-11My maid got tested pregnant at a recent medical check-up. What do I do?
- 2016-07-11My son told me he saw his classmate shoplifting at their school bookshop. What should I tell him to do about it?
- 2016-07-11Is it normal for a 9wks BB to drink 210 - 240ml every 3hrs?
- 2016-07-11hello, should I wear my breast pad if I'm going for a swim? I have been wearing breast pad since i gave birth & started breastfeeding. I'm afraid i will feel uncomfortable if i did not wear breast pad if I'm going swimming (actually im not exactly swimming, but bringing LO to the pool), but if i wear it and the breast pad is soak with water, isn't it going to be heavy & it won't stick too?
- 2016-07-11I started my 8th month old daughter on purple fleshed sweet potato today and only just realised that the recommended age is 12th month!
Am i doing something wrong??
Btw, she ate them all though..
- 2016-07-11Ftm. Looking for baby mobile inspiration. What mobile do you use in your baby cot?
- 2016-07-11Does anyone have any idea how does the selection on PV is done ? The primary school (SHPS) I am interested to send my child to has hundreds of PV applications - only 70 gets shortlisted for further interview . Half of the shortlisted will then get the PV slot.
I do not live within 2 KM of the school, neither do I join grassroots or have any affiliations to the school.
Is it nearly impossible to get a PV slot ?
- 2016-07-11My 6wks old Baby tends to cry and be cranky during the late evening. Even feeding he had problem drinking. And his crying and cranky can last up to 2hrs. Is he having colic. How can we ease colic baby?
- 2016-07-11Hi mummies, any baby sitter recommended for my 1.6yo boy at sengkang area?tq.
- 2016-07-11Not really a traveling qns but is there any affordable staystation hotels in Singapore? Thanks for your recommendation in advance!
- 2016-07-12I'm 32 weeks now and gynae jus scanned ytd that my baby is in breech position. he advised to tap tummy before slp to change the position. otherwise when he gets bigger difficult to shift and by the time deliver cannot by natural but by c-sect which I dun want...:(
anyone with similar experience?
- 2016-07-12How do you avoid comparing your kids to each other? As a mum I find myself wanting to say things like "look at your brother, he studies way more than you. Or "see what he got for PSLE, you make sure you match up too." I hate it, but it comes so naturally to me!
- 2016-07-12How much pocket money would you give a Primary 6 kid and a Sec 1 student? Food is not cheap in school tuckshops anymore! Then there's stationery, soccer cards, after school outings at McDonald's....
#pocketmoney #allowance #teens
- 2016-07-12What are the best kinds of baby led weaning foods that might help in constipation?
- 2016-07-12Are young children susceptible to heart attacks?
- 2016-07-12There seems to be an increase in the number of younger adults getting heart attacks. What are way to prevent that from happening?
- 2016-07-12My 6mths baby has outgrown her Stokke EziGo Carseat and we are looking to get a comfortable replacement.
May I know what are you mummies using for your babies?
- 2016-07-12Hello all we are planning for another child.. But my wife breastfeed after birth so was wondering if she stop breastfeeding when will she be back track to ovulate or when will her menses be back again ? Anyone mind sharing ?
- 2016-07-12Any direct latch on mummy went for hair perm ? How do you get rid for the hair chemical smell on your body after the treatment ?
- 2016-07-12Hi wondering if anyone sleep trained their children ? How long did it take and what methods did you all adopt? I am a little afraid child will be insecure after that...
- 2016-07-12my lo been stung by bee! T. T we observed him, bring him to pd. the pd said it's OK to see his face swollen, just observe if there is fever or blood in urine. still very worry.. any ways to reduce the swell on the face? look at him.. *heart pain
- 2016-07-12I am selling the Items as follow :-
a) Yoomi Bottle SGD$12
b) Mamil GOLD Adventurer Stage 2 SGD$15 each
- 2016-07-12My child has been in the same child care since infant care days. She is currently in N1 class. She used to love her school and wave good bye to me. These days, she refused school. She does not wants to wear her uniform and will cry till vomit. Do you think it's just a phrase? The teachers have been telling me that she is good in school. They have no problem with her apart from her being a very picky eater.
- 2016-07-12Any one on fernugreek? How to consume to boot milk production. my galfriend consumes 12 pills a day. How long will we see results from this supplement?
- 2016-07-12Dear mummies.. I'm a first time bf-ing mum.. As I've started work, my mil will be taking care of my gal.. I've been pumping enough milk for her to bottle feed my daughter.. However, after a week, when i went over to stay over, I try to latch my daughter but she doesn't want to latch at all.. she totally reject my boobs and although she's very very hungry and keeps crying.. She doesn't want to latch on my boobs at all.. How can I get her to latch on and bottle feed at the same time?
- 2016-07-12Hellooo any ideas how to train 8 months old baby sleep on his own please.
- 2016-07-12Can we eat goji berries while breastfeeding? Bcoz i was reading online dat it is not ideal.. But we do eat them during confinement rite?
- 2016-07-12Hi, I would like to have some advise on intimate qns. l'm 30 weeks now and husband been low sex drive recently, only do blowing and penetrating only. I'm the kind that hate boring sex. Recently super high drive and causes me to watch porn and even masturbate myself with toys. I even had the thoughts of having one fb, but i can't go behind husband's back. I was trying to talk things out just now and I wanted sex now but he fell asleep on me. It makes me so so so pissed off that i can't stop crying and don't know what to do now. Can't sleep either. Pls tell me what should i do. I can't wait for the baby to be out now as I hope after birth, my sex life will be back but i also don't even know whether will it be back. Thanks.
- 2016-07-12I have bought the brown rice from medical hall centre which is in powder form, any mummies can teach me how to given y my 6 months old lo for his first time ?
- 2016-07-13what kind of fish is suitable for 10month old baby? Some article say that white flesh fish such as Flounder, Haddock, Cod, and Sole are safest to introduce. But how about salmon? Will it contain too much oil that baby hard to digest?
- 2016-07-13Does breastfeeding makes us sweat more excessively? i am already close to 7 months pp and i sweat easily.. even in cold aircon room.. it happens most of the time when I'm engaging a conversation with some one or when i started to panic or feel embarassed.... i felt so embarassed because my clothes under my armpit will be wet :(
- 2016-07-13For parents with toddler and preschool kids. What's your yardstick for sending them to school when they are unwell?
- some parents keep kids home the minute a runny nose or cough develops. They get super upset with other parents who send kids to school when they are sick
- some parents use fever as the yardstick and send back to school after 24 hours from when fever subsides, the kid may have a tail cough or drippy nose
- some parents simply have not much choice. Either insufficient leave or no other care arrangements. They put their kids in school even with a fever.
My tot had a fever and cough. We kept him home for a whole week because he had a cough after the fever subsided. That was a lot of taking time off work both hub and my end and the kid having to readjust back to school after being away for a week. Looking at how often the little fella gets a cough or cold, if I continue with this, we could probably be home half the time.
Any thoughts on this first world problem?
- 2016-07-13My baby is 4 months old and I'm starting to introduce bottle to him with my pumped breastmilk but he is refusing and cries endlessly. How can I make him take the bottle?
- 2016-07-13Can I know which confinement food caterer you have tried and the things you like and dislike about them? Anyone tried Chili Padi confinement food?
- 2016-07-13Hi. Any mummy experienced this? After bringing your baby to pd for checkup that pd say there is an unusual shadow in one of the baby's eye ? We were refer to eye specialist. I hope it is nothing serious.
- 2016-07-13My nb baby hiccups very often. Is this normal?
- 2016-07-13Can I check , my friend's LO is the same age as my LO.. Both are 9 months old now. When LO was 6 months old then I start him on solid food, whereas my friend started her LO at 4 months .. She has no restrictions on what kind of food she gives to her LO whereas I'm more prudent in what I give cos I worry certain high allergic food if give too early might do more harm than good.. But she said that I'm overly paranoid .. She said should just give anything .. Am I really too paranoid ??
- 2016-07-14Hi mummies, my lo is 19 months. he have low platelet. I want to buy insurance for him but AIA & Great eastern have rejected. any insurance can cover for him?
- 2016-07-14Aptamil Toddler Gold Plus Stage 3 900g for sale. Interested please let me know thanks :)
- 2016-07-14When your baby stop put everything into their mouth?
- 2016-07-14Does gripe water help relieve teething pain? Issit safe to use as it has sedative effect n sweet taste for baby reaching 6 mo? Use in morning or night and how much dosage?
- 2016-07-14My son is about to complete 1year in 10days. Till now he is on regular weaning. I want to try led weaning so I tried 4-6times with small biscuits & puffs. He is just playing n enjoying but not at all eating. Fully depending on me for eating. Any suggestions pls ?
Is 1year age already late to start baby led weaning ??
- 2016-07-14We are on week 3 of BLW and my 8 month old is constipated. I gave her prune juice. She's eating a lot of fruits and veggies so I didn't think we'd have this issue? What else shall I try?
- 2016-07-14First time I fed my 11months old son red dragon. His motion colour is red. Is it ok ?
M a bit scared to feed him red dragon again. Earlier, I fed him white dragon & no issues.
- 2016-07-14I have tried teaching sign language to my first born but failed big time because she couldn't do much with fine motors. By the time she could master some skills, she has already started to communicate verbally. She's coming to 3 years old and could barely cope with alphabets.
1. When is the ideal time we can teach our baby sign language?
2. Is there a specific time frame how long each session should last?
3. How do we go about teaching it? I have a guide book and flash cards.
- 2016-07-14I started my baby boy on BLW 2 weeks before he turned 6 months old. He has been rather interested and accurate in putting the foods into his mouth but noticed he hasn't started biting on them. He's just mouthing them. Did I do it wrong? When will they start to chew on the food?
- 2016-07-14I am supposed to send my 3m+ baby to infant care next week. However, was informed of a case of HFMD in the kindergarten class. Experienced mummies, shld i send my baby as planned or should i send him at a later date?
- 2016-07-14Hi Mummies, my 12 week LO is on mixed feeding since day3 due to my low milk supply. He recently refused to drink Formula, only drinks bm, which doesn't seem to be enough, he does not cry for milk though drinks very little, the poo is abit watery and smelly, and not much weight gain, but previously he's born big and on 90 percentile, there was significtant weight gain during month 2. May I know what to do to make him drink enough?"
- 2016-07-14Is it necessary to send my child to pre-school at 2-3yo? If not is there any disadvantages? Like hard to catch up the syllabus compare to others. Thinking to send her directly to K1.
- 2016-07-14Baby is 1 years old. Started with traditiona weaning since 6 months. Switch tio BLW 2 weeks ago as he close his mouth whenever he wants to feed him.
Doing BLW now, However, other than fruits and snacks, he will spit out all other food especially meat. How do I prepare tastier meals for him?
- 2016-07-14I've tried BLW for my baby since she was 6 months old but until now she plays with her food. She's 1 year old now.. How do I ensure she eats properly instead of playing with her food? As I know that after 1 year old, food is more important than milk.. She drinks only 120ml of milk. And not taking much food too :(
- 2016-07-14How do I convince my parents that gagging is part of learning in blw?
- 2016-07-14Can I mix spoon-feeding and BLW? For example, on some days I'll spoon feed my baby, and in some days, I'll do BLW?
- 2016-07-14Where can I do design and customise cakes? It's for LO's 1st birthday. TIA!
- 2016-07-14Gng to HK in sept with my 2.5 yo girl. Other than Disneyland and trick eye museum, where else would be suitable for us to bring her?
Is baby chair commonly be found in restaurants? Couldn't remember when I went there few years back
- 2016-07-14Be it baby led weaning or traditional weaning, do I decrease their milk intake before food?
- 2016-07-15How often do you change maids? I have a friend who switches them every 2 years. But I find that tedious. Any suggestions mummies?
- 2016-07-15Any recommendations where can I buy beansprout pillow?
- 2016-07-15My husband and i seldom see each other due to work schedule and he seldom have time for the kids. We did not have any topic to talk about even when we got the chance to talk. If he is on leave he will spend time playing with his phone. I understand that he is working hard for the family and he needs his own time to play games or see videos but i cant help feeling that my life without him made no difference. over these years he changed a lot in terms of temper and we quarrelled a lot until now we dont even care to say anything to each other.
I kept asking myself if this is the man i love and if i will be happier to walk out of his marriage. I feel really lost. I held on becuz of the kids but im not happy every single day.
- 2016-07-15Is it safe to take vitamin c while breastfeeding? I have a bottle of vitamin c which contains rose hips as well.
- 2016-07-15My daughter has slight eczema. How do I find out what triggers it and how do I prevent it from getting worse?
- 2016-07-15Anybody's 5mth old LO screams all the time? Recently it seems like my girl screams and screams instead of blabbering. And her shrieks are piercing and almost as though her voice was breaking. Any idea how to stop that? Scolding her or showing disapproval didn't work.
- 2016-07-15anyone can share how you celebrate ur LO's 1st birthday? I need some ideas... mind sharing the cost and location for the celebration too? it would b best if able to include photos... :) TIA
- 2016-07-15Should it be a concern if my baby is 8m old and doesn't bear any weight on his legs at all? His legs will bent if we try to put him on standing position. Most babies seem to be able to do that by this age.
- 2016-07-15hi mummies! were planning for my lo's 1st birthday... is it necessary to get a clown or magician? we dont want lo to be frightened of the loud noise & clown's scary face haha..
any insights? what activities can you suggest for older kids?
- 2016-07-15Gg to bring my 1 yr old boy to Taiwan in Nov. 1st overseas trip for the LO. pls share some experiences with me on what shld i lookout for, things to bring and places to visit in Taiwan! hope to get some tips in order to have a ONEderful trip for my boy!
- 2016-07-15hi... my 22 month old suddenly refuse to sleep at night.. she will cry when we put on her pyjamas.. she won't sleep on the bed and only want grandma to carry her... in the middle of the night, she will wake up and asking grandma to carry her again.. sometimes she will ask for milk, when I bring it to her she don't want to drink... she will keep asking for something but when we give her, she say no no no... this has been happening for 4 nights.. any advise please? thanks
- 2016-07-16my breastfed baby is 5 months old now and drinking about 120ml-150ml per feed, 8 times within 24hours. I'm gg overseas in October (11days) and I'm planning a stash for my absence. I will start her on solids next week. will her milk intake drop by October? she will be 8 months old by then.
- 2016-07-16At a company event and never felt so alone in my life. I work in a company where I am the only mum. My life has changed. My priorities have changed. And I feel like I can no longer relate to people. I don't have much to talk about. How do I bridge the gap?
- 2016-07-16my boy just turn 7mo today but he is still not interested in weaning. tried blw and spoon feeding, yet he still spit them out and push away.
should I be concern? will still continue to keep trying thou.. he's currently still fully breastfed.
- 2016-07-16anywhere can we buy water bottle spare parts? those straw bottle where kids bring to school. our tod has dropped and cracked 4 water bottle and we're so sick of buying new ones for her. find it a waste to throw them away cause it's just the cover that is spoil
- 2016-07-16I feel very sad.
I just confirmed again that husband has another separate facebook account with an alias plus I believe he blocked my account. He PM other women with "those" messages.
I don't feel like letting him touch me or call me "Sayang", "Dear".. Is it okay?
I avoided him, don't let him touch me and throw a big tantrum.. and he ask me, "What wrong i did again?"
I feel like marriage is just a contract.
- 2016-07-16im a working mum & baby is in ifc mon to fri. how do you mummies do the 3days monitoring period when introducing new food at the weaning stage? i only have 2days = the weekends.
- 2016-07-16I'm week29+, EDD in sept 2016. Been experiencing sudden shortness of breath and dizziness. Tried 2 methods.
(1) Inhale through nose and exhale from mouth deeply
(2) Inhale and exhale from mouth
Both methods didn't work well for me. Anyone out there experience the same stuff? Need to inform gynae about it?
- 2016-07-16I'll be traveling to Taiwan in Jan next year when my lo turns 15mo. Is it necessary to bring tap water to mix with water over there for his consumption?
- 2016-07-16Does every child doesn't have enough hours of nap will cry at night? My LO15mo from 7mo onwards every day when she fall asleep she wld suddenly woke up crying & screaming, so we suspect she didn't had enough napping time (light sleeper). Until now she wld still woke up crying & uncontrollable certain days.
- 2016-07-16What's the right age to buy hand phone for children??