First birthday

anyone can share how you celebrate ur LO's 1st birthday? I need some ideas... mind sharing the cost and location for the celebration too? it would b best if able to include photos... :) TIA

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I did 3 things for my LO's 1st birthday, probably a lot different from the "usual parties": - cake smash photoshoot for memory purposes, and LO's first try of cake - buffet lunch under my void deck for needy families with people in their families who are born in the same month, sponsored by kind people who were willing to help and volunteers to manage too! - simple cake cutting with my family and my close friends at home We didn't have themed parties or dessert tables etc, because they were too expensive and I didn't feel it was worth it (in my own opinion) - I didn't have much friends to invite, we didn't invite family and my son doesn't have any toddler friends so I decided to use the occasion to give back instead!

Read more
VIP Member

I celebrated at a cafe big enough for 40 pax, family and close friends only. The guests just order whatever they want from the menu and then we cut cake and that’s it! It’s hassle-free, cost averages 30-35/pax (usually ppl order 1 main, 1 drink, and share desserts and appetizers within their group). My house would be too small to fit 40 pax at once and I really don’t have the energy to do separate gatherings.

Read more
VIP Member

You can consider to DIY the decoration & goodie bags. Places to shop for materials are daiso & Spotlight. Venue can book HDB pavilion or community centre hall if you have big crowds. If you intend to have a cosy party, you can even consider holding it in a restaurant or chalet.

VIP Member

hi. this is my daughter 1st birthday party. i do buy and decor by myself. now i rent it out with cheapest price you can find in Singapore. pls drop me a message if you are interested. thanks ! (i also got a lot of thing for birthday party but not in the photo)

Post reply image
VIP Member

I celebrated at my sis condo. cheaper. buffet depand on how many pax u inviting. kids goodie bag can quickly get from taobao or qoo10. dessert table can diy. deco also DIY. the expensive part is the cake and food.

VIP Member

we just plan casual dinner at restaurant .. 2 tables invite only inlaws n bro n sis and my parents plus bro n sis only ... Casual dinner.. So total spent around $750-800+/- as i haven get the official bill yet 😉

We celebrated my son's first bday at nsrcc. Ordered buffet from YSL. Theme is minion, we decorated the dessert table with minion design. Ordered Macaroon tower as bday cake. Total spending around $1500.

Post reply image
7y ago

I like your theme!!

we finally decide to hold it at bugalow villa resort, cater food, diy decors for the dessert cum cake cutting table, order pastries and macaron cake tower.. more photos...

Post reply image

Book a simple place for party room and order catering or have fun place like kids indoor playground etc for customise birthday cake will cost around $140 at least

Bought captain America set up from taobao (abt $100) Bought muffins using groupon vouchers ($30+) Bought a kueh lapis rainbow cake from carousel(

Post reply image