Does anyone have any idea how does the selection on PV is done ? The primary school (SHPS) I am interested to send my child to has hundreds of PV applications - only 70 gets shortlisted for further interview . Half of the shortlisted will then get the PV slot. I do not live within 2 KM of the school, neither do I join grassroots or have any affiliations to the school. Is it nearly impossible to get a PV slot ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I heard that schools normally wanna see how much you can contribute to the schools! But still different schools have different expectation. Perhaps you wanna try asking around and get a feel from someone who had been thur the SHPS selection phase ! Perhaps you wanna study the school past registration statistic to see if you are in phase 2B exceed 2km need balloting? Please bare that in mind that getting a PV slot doesn't mean u definitely get a place in the school; You still need to fight with grassroots leaders and those staying within 2km. PV and Grassroots leaders are the only option that can bring you to phase 2B!

Read more

Here's an interesting article about the parent volunteer scheme. There might be some useful information in it. http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/primary-1-registration-5-things-to-know-about-the-popular-parent-volunteer However, alot of schools have gotten rid of this scheme and this article was written in 2014. There might be more schools following suit since then. Best to check with the school you're interested in.

Read more