Hello! I would like to start preparing teachers' day gift for my child's childcare. May I know how are the other parents preparing? 1) do you prefer for all the teachers including kitchen help? 2) what's the budget?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Handmade cards (which includes a photo of my girl taken with the teacher/staff whenever possible). A small gift that's useful (avoid soft toys & fake flowers) - we have given reward chops, pens, shopping bags, chocolates, etc... Budget - ard $2 to $4 per person (Qoo10, Daiso or Popular are places we bought our gifts) We'll try to give something to all - main Teachers, Asst Teachers, centre supervisor, admin staff & aunties who help in cleaning/cooking (but usu slightly "bigger" gifts for main teaching staff).

Read more

You can consider this idea: http://violetpaperwings.blogspot.sg/2010/12/post-it-present.html?m=1 Simple yet useful. Usually, just need to give the presents to the teachers teaching your child. If you want to prepare something for the helpers in the kitchen, I would suggest little treats like cookies or cupcakes. Best if your child could help out with the baking. I'm sure they would appreciate those. :)

Read more

I've prepared a small Naraya cosmetics bag ($2) which I bought in Bangkok the last time I went. Than customized a key chain ($4) with their names on. Total damage is $6 for each teacher. Got it for the aunties who clean and cook too. There are the backstage heroes. I will also include a hand made card to the teachers whom taught my little girl.

Read more

I have got some personalised items like pouch or case for the Teachers before from Bangkok. I got it for all the Teachers who taught my boy. It's usually less than $5 each. And we usually would get my boy to write a card for the teacher. Hand written card are best presents to the Teachers.

i believe letter of appreciation tag along with some simple gifts will be good enough! nowadays teachers lack of praises and acknowledgement from parents. A letter of appreciation will be helpful for their portfolios and substantiate their performance appraisal.

Every year my girl and I will handmade some items for the Teachers in her school. Like cupcakes, cards, keychains etc. We like stuffs with personal touch and also to teach them we don't have to give expensive items to others, it is the thought that count.

I prefer to go the budget way and childcare teacher usually don't use red pen for marking. So i rather bake for them. I will bake brownies for them So everyone can share. After all having a sweet treat is lovely too!

Read more

I got foldable bags for the teachers that taught my boy before and now. And also the principle and admin. I bought from taobao and its very cheap around $2 each only with tsum tsum design

I usually give stationary n cupcakes to the teachers . nowadays alot of personalise stuffs. u can personalise a pouch or maybe pencil case for them with their names :)

Hi we made a simple card with some words of appreciation and LO contributed by putting her hand/leg prints on the card using edible finger paint! :)