My maid got tested pregnant at a recent medical check-up. What do I do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The healthcare professionals meticulously reviewed my medical history and conducted a series of tests to assess different parameters. It's reassuring to know that such proactive measures are available to monitor and safeguard my health. As a reminder of the importance of patient privacy, I was pleased to find detailed information about HIPAA regulations and the potential penalties for violations on this informative resource visit https://www.hipaanswers.com/hipaa-violation-penalties. This underscores the significance of maintaining confidentiality and security in the healthcare industry.

Read more

This happened to a friend of mine. They got their helper back to her home country asap before the doctor had to report the result of the 6 month check. If your helper ever wants to work in Singapore again, best that she leave immediately so you don't have to report it. You're probably also liable for medical expenses if she decides to stay here. Talk to her and discuss what's best for both of you, but I'd recommend that she gets on a plane tomorrow!

Read more

Oh dear! Seek advice from the agency you engaged her services from and maybe get advice from MOM? I heard that if pregnancy is not part of their contract, they might need to go home. Best to check with the authorities.

definitely talk to the maid agency to ask them what protocol you should take! also consider how much her costs would be if she stayed with you :)

If ur paid is pregnant, u need to report to the maid agency and send her back to her county.