Does every child doesn't have enough hours of nap will cry at night? My LO15mo from 7mo onwards every day when she fall asleep she wld suddenly woke up crying & screaming, so we suspect she didn't had enough napping time (light sleeper). Until now she wld still woke up crying & uncontrollable certain days.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My daughter always cry in her sleep at night. It is a nightly affair. She naps enough but will still cry. And worse still she is actually asleep and crying. Should be night terrors. I consulted my PD. He adviced to reduce water intake before bedtime as when they pee at night, they actually will be half awake and Cry. But my daughter refuse to drink less milk and water so I haven't try this method yet.. While for my son, this method works. He can sleep peacefully at night and seldom wakes up.

Read more

I ever read that it will be hard for your baby to sleep well at night if he isn't napping well during the day; the more exhuasted they are, the more difficult they can get into good sleep. And in fact, many people around me believe it, including myself. Ever since my LO is birth till now 3YO and 5YO; they had been napping like 2-3hrs daily. They dont have any problem to sleep through and hardly wake up by nightmares. Playing some smoothing music might help.

Read more
VIP Member

Did you check if your child has colic or a gassy stomach? Sometimes, a gassy stomach can be really painful that's why the baby will cry. However, it is helpful if your child has a well rest noon nap so she will have better sleep at night. A good bedtime schedule like having a regular bedtime hour, a warm bath before bedtime, a smoothing massage with baby oil will make the baby relax & sleep better at night

Read more

If your daughter is a light sleeper, maybe you can try to optimize her sleeping time by making her sleeping environment as conducive as possible. Locate her as far away from any disruptions and noise as possible. Ensure that her room is dimmed and that she has just enough time to nap. If she sleeps too much in the day, she might not get enough sleep at night.

Read more

R u still breastfeeding naby? Sometimes, giving lo the confort latch is superb at night. Even better than pacifier. They will auto fall asleep. If not, try not to over tired yr lo or "play" too much woth him or her coz aame thing, you will over exhausted him or her wothout realising it.

Read more
8y ago

Just comfort her or give her something say her smelly pillow so that there ia a sense of security

I have 3 kids age 8,6 n 5 ... for all 3 after turning two I never force them to have nap n I prefer them without nap so that they can sleep early but during school holiday they will sleep after 12am but no problem at all never cry during sleep .

Yai think napping is important for baby during the noon cause my lo when he didn't nap during the noon, during the night he'll be super fussy and hard to fall asleep.

yes. my children will be very fussy and cranky if they cannot get enough nap in daytime. They will cry or scream during the sleep at night.

it's call sleep regression is normal they don't know they are screaming they are still sleeping

Sometimes, playing too much will also cause crying/nightmare in sleep.