I started my 8th month old daughter on purple fleshed sweet potato today and only just realised that the recommended age is 12th month! Am i doing something wrong?? Btw, she ate them all though..

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

As long ur baby show no reaction to allergies, and constipation, she is fine. The recommendations is just a guidelines. Some kids can't adapt to the food too early, my son have sotong when he is only 10 months+ and he is fine with it, as seafood has higher allergies risk just like egg. Some kids only ok with eggs after 1 year old at later stage.

Read more

Think it is ok as recommended ages are just guidelines. So long as there is no allergies reaction, I personally think it is ok to carry on but if you are afraid, feed her again when she turns 1.

Personally I think it is fine. Having 4 kids already and I didn't know that can only feed at 12 mths old. I also fed my elder ones previously ard 9 mths and they all grew up well.

Read more

Hi may I know where you found that sweet potato is not good for baby below 1yo? I couldn't find any info from website saying that. If that is true I should avoid that for my baby too.

8y ago

I fed my baby at 6 mth old cause I saw sweet potato can be fed at 6 mth old. but dunno got difference in what skin type of sweet potato.. I always give her purple skin

Any signs of allergy or constipated? Otherwise ill say its all good. Nothing to fret over :) I personally gave lo the honey sweet potato, taste nicer to me though.

If ur baby is not showing constipation or allergies then it's ok. Better to feed smaller amounts, and mix with other foods or cereal to avoid any other problems.

My bb is 8mo too! I tried e normal sweet potato on her but e purple one I didn't. I think it's ok tho! Cos some charts differ quite a bit...

should be fine. my wife gave it to our 2kids when they are 6months old. as long small amount and no all allergy reaction should be fine.

It was my eldest child first few food! No problem with that. Where did u read that it havr to be 12mo?

nothing wrong with it.where did u read about the recommended age?

8y ago

Just googled online lor.. Heheheh