hi mummies! were planning for my lo's 1st birthday... is it necessary to get a clown or magician? we dont want lo to be frightened of the loud noise & clown's scary face haha.. any insights? what activities can you suggest for older kids?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I am in the midst of planning for my boy's 1st birthday too! Have been thinking through and decided not to invites any clown. It can be quite terrifying for the little ones *happens in my preschool*, kids started crying as they were scared. perhaps if u really want smt special, u may consider a balloon sculpturing cum magician on the day. older kids will love it! alternatively, u may get a candy bar to keep the kids occupied with snacks and goodies! That's what I am gg to do

Read more
VIP Member

If u have more older kids, you try balloon sculpting, magician, face or hand painting. A DIY photobooth is great too, for memories. If you have lesser budget, you can get walking animals and give 1 each to the kids, even babies at 1 years+- like balloons too.

I don't think it's necessary and for 1st birthday to have a clown. I would keep it simple and cheap! Perhaps you could play songs on the guitar or just a stereo, have some sort of water feature and toys will be more than enough!

Unless you have party going kids who are older and can appreciate such extra entertainment , the birthday kid will not enjoy and know of it. Olders are very happy just have simply games and party hosting actiivities !

For older kids, you can consider bouncing castle, balloon sculpting, face painting. These are definitelt some activities that older kids love.

I actually think clowns are scary. Its common to have balloons sculpting and bouncy castle or slides around if the area is big enough.

depend ur guest have more adults or kids. if mostly adult then no point to getting one.. but it will be fun if there alot of kids.

yes. those bouncing castles r good n affordable. my cousin had one at the kid birthday. the other kids super in love too

8y ago

rental is about $100 up. I saw before on qoo, carousell, less than $100(buy). can keep for future use as well.

nope don't need for me I just set up a little play area for the bigger kids and they can also go swimming

I dun tin it a good ideal it will scare the kid.. u can consider balloon sculpturing..