Changing maids

How often do you change maids? I have a friend who switches them every 2 years. But I find that tedious. Any suggestions mummies? #fdw #maid

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think if your current one is doing well, there is no need to change since she would be able to know your family's preference and avoid the trouble of retraining a new helper. However, if you are not satisfied with your current helper.. then it would be good to change and hope to find a better one. Managing a helper is not an easy task. If there's no major fault with your current one, I personally think that there is no need to change for the sake of changing. Just my two cents~

Read more
VIP Member

I depend on the maid attitude, if the maid is climbing up our head, than it's time to change. If maid is behaving well, doing well, listening well, (of course employer must treat the maid well but not to the extend they climb up ur head too la) It's good to go by year by year basis, some maid work too long, it's a bit late to change their bad habit or attitude if they dun want to change themselves so good to how again when the contract end.

Read more

Yes, if your current one is doing well and getting along w the family members. Most of all you feel that you are able to depend on her on some daily task which need not let you to worry about. So far mine are here to work 2 years and go back to their country to get married and settle down. It's still better to ask if ur current one is keen on re-contracting as some would request for a pay rise or something.

Read more

I don't see the need to change if the current helper meets my expectations and takes care of the house and kids well. Won't want to go through the hassle of training a new helper every 2 years and getting my kids to adapt to new caregivers every time.

I would not want to change maid if its possible because the risk of getting bad maid is there. If my current helper is good. I would want her to continue & get her a new contract. (:

It’ll be good if can extend especially if we really like the helper but sometimes they want to take a break or go home so yeah

TapFluencer

My fwd has been with my family for 20 years another one for 16 years.

VIP Member

I intend to keep mine for as long as she will stay!