theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for May 2016
- 2016-05-30We're deciding between Mindchamps and Pat's Schoolhouse for our 18 mth old son. Both are pretty convenient though expensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
- 2016-05-30What did you give your hubby for his first Father's Day?
- 2016-05-30Hi all, I'm a fully DL mum and my hubby helps with bottle feeding once a week. I'm now doing some research in prep for introducing solids. We're now using the medela calma teats for bottle feeding. Will it be ok if we gave him water with the same bottle when we start solids? TIA!
- 2016-05-30Any recommendation for stroller that can sit up to 25kg? Prefer those that are one hand operate.
- 2016-05-30where can i find cheap macarons, cupcakes decorations for bb first birthday?
- 2016-05-30Any mummies feeding their lo oatmeal? Can recommend a suitable brand for babies below 1 years old? Thanks.
- 2016-05-30What is the best cloth diapers or nappy you have tried and would recommend for new born ? And why?
- 2016-05-31Hi, what wet wipes would you recommend that is good for baby? Best to be chemical, scent free and soft as baby's bum is delicate. I'm using Pigeon but would like to change a brand. Wanted to change to petiflo but they have cease stock for that brand.. :/
- 2016-05-31How you sterilize your pump parts and storage bottle? Im using spectra m1 and Autumnz storage bottle, can all put in the steamer to sterilize? Because some saying that storage bottle cannot put in the steamer because temperature too high
- 2016-05-31Is there a difference between buying formula milk in Malaysia instead of sg? How much cheaper is it across the causeway?
- 2016-05-31What's in your first aid kit in your diaper bag? My LO is 5 months and I'm thinking abt starting to carry a simple one and I'm not sure what to pack. Any suggestions?
- 2016-05-31I'm going through a divorce and have a 1 year old son who is still breastfeeding. My husband just told me he wants the custody of my son when he cannot even make clever decisions for him. To him, spending time with his son means lying in bed together and playing iPad / watching YouTube. Do note my husband makes terrible plans and has bad manners such as eating loudly in public and is very lazy. After marriage he gained 20kg due to his lazines within 1 year. The only thing is, he has a high income. He say he will fight with me in court. I am planning to get a full time job and hire a helper to take care of my son so i can take care of us financially. What are my chances of getting full custody?
- 2016-05-31What's the best UV sterilizer you have tried and would recommend? What's the price range and is it Cheaper to buy at baby fair ?
- 2016-05-31fathers day is coming. what should me and bb give him ? suggestions pls...
- 2016-05-31this look so cool~ anyone know where to get it??
- 2016-05-31How to prevent lo from getting colds?
- 2016-05-31Some link for diaper simple before getting the one that suit ur baby
- 2016-05-31Any suggestion for location for One Year old birthday party? thanks!
- 2016-05-31How do you usually decide on your child's name if both are different genders. my #1 is girl and I'm expecting a boy this time. #1 name is Clarabelle. Would you choose a name that begins with the alphabet 'C' for your #2 or? Any nice names to suggest for baby boys?
- 2016-05-31Do you ladies wash ur undies or mixing it with ur hubby clothes n wash? Old generation will said it not gd to wash it with hubby clothes. Hubby will not have"gd fortune". What do you ladies think?
- 2016-05-31Wise parents, pls tell me which of these three Low cost diaper brands I should buy. I can't afford the price tags of MamyPoko etc. Anyone use onwards? What about petpet and FairPrice housebrand diapers?
- 2016-05-31How is upang uv steriliser? Some of my friends bought it from Jakarta and they say it's much better than the other uv sterilisers we have in singapore. Any thoughts? Where can I buy in sg?
- 2016-05-31I feel so hungry after each pumping session especially during night time. What will you eat?
- 2016-05-31any idea where can i buy cheap baby cot, playmat n playpen???
- 2016-05-31Which brand of diapers do you recommend which is cheap and good? Where to get them?
- 2016-05-31Any idea where can i buy Baby Monitor in reasonable price??
- 2016-06-01hi care to share your post natal massage? price, contact, duration, service provided and experience? how early in advance did you book?
- 2016-06-01confinement catering, where did you order from? how early in advance should I book?
- 2016-06-01Did anyone take any newborn photo or casting for their newborn hand and feet? any recommendations and price?
- 2016-06-01Im a fully bf mom..my lo wudnt drink milk from the bottle.i am down with fever n runny nose.i understand we cn take panadol.what abt for flu?any idea what meds we can take?
- 2016-06-01My 10 months old son is not eating his food. Sometimes he don't open his mouth & many times he don't swallow. I tried varieties of foods to make him eat. He is just tasting 3 spoons & again the same. Appreciate your suggestions please.
- 2016-06-01i have an 11 mth old and will be due to deliver #2 next mth. i have yet to prepare anything for #2. can mummies with babies 1 year apart share how u prepare for the second one? do i need to get another rocker, cot, more milk bottle storage, etc?
wld it be necessary to get a tandem stroller or do u babywear the older one while the newborn gets to sit in the current stroller that u have for #1?
- 2016-06-01Dear parents, what would u suggest to include in a goodie bag for my baby's 1st bday ? Goodie bags will be for 10 mo to 6 yo. A million thanks.
- 2016-06-01How much formula does a 3week plus baby aloud be drinking? Is 150ml too much?
- 2016-06-01Any of you who have teenager that have acne breakout & oily skin. Tried alot of off shelves facial cream,wash & etc. Nothing seem to helps my girl complexion to flawless skin.
I feel upset seeing her without confidence yet people around will tends to pop questions like'Aiyo why your face so many pimple why so red with acne occurs etc'.
Any parents mind sharing with me. Or any good yet affordable dermatologist to introduce me?
- 2016-06-01any ideas of gd quality food but must be halal because i want to invite my malay colleagues over for my open house...buffet spread???
- 2016-06-01May I know where can I find outfit for me and baby boy to wear the same?
- 2016-06-01Where to go to get step 2 formula from different brands?
- 2016-06-01Does Pediasure really supplements well enough if the child (17 months) doesn't take food?
- 2016-06-01Any suggestion where can I have more info about homemade cutie kids bento except youtube?
- 2016-06-01any mummy LO CC closed completely due to the outbreak of HFMD? if yes wats d max cases before they started to close dwn.
- 2016-06-01If you were the education minister, what would you change about Singapores education system?
- 2016-06-01My 3yo always shouts "I don't like you" whenever she is angry or not getting what she wants. I know she doesn't mean it but it can be demoralizing at times. Does it happen to you too, and how do you deal with it?
- 2016-06-01Today my heart broke a little bit. It was my little ones first day of preschool and I brought my helper along to assist me. When we were ready to leave, my little one kept bawling away and would not let go of my helper and kept saying "ateh, don't leave me" (ateh is big Sister). I told my baby, ok, mumma can take time off from work and spend with you and she replied, no I want ateh to stay and play with me. I feel jealous and hurt that my baby prefers The Maid to me. Am I being unreasonable? I feel like changing maids.
- 2016-06-01Moms pls help - I don't have $ to spend on Fm, but I also cannot breastfeed (supply very Low). What's the cheapest but safe formula I can buy? Can I use less scoop of milk and more water or is it dangerous?when can I move to normal cow milk? Also can I buy the formula from JB? Which brand to buy. The most impt thing is the price. I really cannot afford.
- 2016-06-01when bb at home, she finish the bottle at one go. when bb at ifc, she stops half way and need to warm bottle to finish the balance. (fm in ifc and bm at home. sometimes fm at home)
- 2016-06-01any good review for comotomo bottle, because bottle is soft type worry baby will press milk out
- 2016-06-01My 4yr old girl and 2yr old boy are quite stubborn and impatient. When they want something and immediately but could not get it, sometimes will throw tantrum. We don't give in all the times. Have ask
them to wait patiently as we are busy, count to 50 method, explain to them method, etc. Soft approach don't work sometimes use hard approach. How to train them to be patient and not too stubborn?
- 2016-06-02How do you plan the schedule after work? For kids(dinner for them, coaching homework, bonding time, preparing them to sleep),couple time and housework
- 2016-06-02What to pack for baby's first day at infant care centre?
- 2016-06-02Mommies can we intro fresh milk after 1yrs old? Thanks!
- 2016-06-02We are trying to eat healthily and also introduces more variety of food. But I find our monthly expenditure has doubled due to this and we can't afford really.
Is it true that for lower income families, you cannot eat healthy?
We added brown rice and more fruits to our diet. At times, we buy organic too.
But the prices are very expensive as compared to eating simply and not much variety.
- 2016-06-02I allowed my husband to have a new hobby 2 years back and I feel it has taken over our lives.
His hobby is building gundams. He seems to not understand that there is limits.
Am I being selfish or is he?
- 2016-06-02Hi daddies and mummies, where do you get your English books (esp board books and award winning story books) for the little ones from? The common bookstores has limited selection. Thank you!
- 2016-06-02any pregnant and breastfeeding mummies took milk boosters and it actually helps with the supply?
if yes, can share what are the boosters you took?
- 2016-06-02Can show me what teether you will give your lo about 5 months ? The teether I got for him seem to make him angry and cry whenever he can't bite it ~
- 2016-06-02hello mummies or daddies...
Can i check with you guys have u all puchase milk cheaper $6-7 per can at those chinese medical hall shop than local supermarker ?
I realize its both from Singapore but the cover is different in colour and price different is quite alot. And usually those chinese medical shop they collect back the tins or cover and rebate $0.50-$1 for each item.
I wonder why do they collect back ?
and will it be counterfeit milk powder even though its in Singapore ?
As i read on some forum there are some fake milk powder etc.. As a first time mum i m so unsure about this..
can someone share with me your experience ?
- 2016-06-02Folks, what is the budget friendly ideas to celebrate my son's first bday. We are not planning to throw out a party to a long list of friends; rather we want to enjoy as a family and make it a memorable day. Either Singapore or abroad options are okay with us...Suggestions plz!
- 2016-06-02anyone knows whats the 4th month tasting ceremony including? I heard there's like 6-7 items.
- 2016-06-02where do I purchased black and white flash cards ? is it advisable for 4 months old? is it appropriate to start with this?
- 2016-06-02Anyone has any tailor in Singapore to recommend? I'm looking to get kain songket (for raya) done but the usual tailor that I go to isn't taking anymore orders /:
- 2016-06-02hi I noticed that my pumping yield is vastly different if I pump 30mins vs 45to60mins...is it because my breasts is not responding well to the pump or is it because I pump longer? for 30mins I get about 100to120ml...but if I pump 45to60mins I get 180ml....that's almost 50% more..thinking whether I should change my pump..currently using spectra 9+
- 2016-06-02Mummies pls advice me. I am relli veri depressed. I had a shortgun marriage. Kena pregnant before I marry hubby. I was thinking to abort or maybe have the baby but without him, but he convince me to get married cause he both love me and the baby. But the other day I was on his Facebook and I saw his message to his old fren where he say that I was pregnant, so marry me, bo pian. He say he actually want to oredi break up, but I got pregnant. So he just do the right thing. I am very hurt, because I never force him and he was the one kept bugging me to get married. I feel like just throw the divorce paper on his face. Any advice?
- 2016-06-02My LO is 7.5 months old.. I wanted to start to introduce chicken (introduced fish so far).. Do we need to give organic chicken meat ? Those in supermarkets are not organic , right ? Or is okie to jus cook using the chicken meat bought from the supermarket ?
- 2016-06-02Hi mummies, my daughter is going to be 2 years old. I am going to let her drink fresh milk. Any recommendations, mummies? Currently she is drinking similac (blue tin). She is eating solid foods and drinking plain water. I am cutting down the similac milk powder because it is costly, she is eating foods and lastly I want her to change to a new fresh milk for her to drink.
need advice and opinion frm mummies
- 2016-06-02Any parents have given flu vaccination to your LO at 7 months old? Is it effective ? We are thinking of giving to our LO as he will be going to infant care next month. I know the cons of infant care is that LO will fall sick easily . So besides pumping up on his nutrients intake from solid food and milk, I thought of flu jab. PD says can give from 6 months and above. He has taken the rotavirus jab too .
- 2016-06-02my 3mth old girl keep sleeping on her right side since birth and now right side of head is a bit 'flat' and some advice me to let her sleep on yaolan... will she be relied on yaolan? should I let her sleep on yaolan? troubled....
- 2016-06-03Where can I get cheap and good baby walker?
- 2016-06-03Hi mummies, I'm currently married with my lo who is 15 months old. But due to his family issues, it's causing our relationship to be sour and bad and we have been fighting non stop. It's getting difficult for me to face him and his family. I can't stand his Sister as she thinks she's some kinda big shot whom everyone has to give in but he too can't stand my sis. It's to an extend I'm listing separation as an option. However, I want to know what are the chances of me gaining custody for my child? My Husband earns more than I do, will that affect the choice of custody? Will mummy be prioritise as first main caregiver?
- 2016-06-03anyone tried storing breastmilk with daiso Styrofoam box with ice pack inside? will it be lasting than using cooler bag or cooler bag is better? in dilemma...
- 2016-06-03Any mummies know the dimension of our LO's health booklet? i wanted to get the cover from Popular Bookstore but there's a lot of different sizes & I've keep forgetting to bring health booklet out. which size should i get?
thank you! :)
- 2016-06-03any good masseur to recommend? prefers if can come to my house? prefer not to have package type as I don't wan to commit and then later find no time to use the package thou no deadline. I've been bending down to change my bb and my back aches. and if the masseur also do massage for the tummy. my tummy is kinda big still thou it has reduced much after I delivered. now I have a bulging tummy. Sighs... TIA
- 2016-06-03I'm a FTM & LO is turning 6 months this month. Please advice how should i start solid for LO? What are the difference between giving puree & porridge? I read before that milk will still be the main food for babies below 1 year old, so once a day of solid is enough? When should solid be given, day or evening?
- 2016-06-03anyone bought either of these toys? Which is better?
- 2016-06-03Where can I find cute hat which got ears ? For baby boy
- 2016-06-03my 2yo LO will be going excursion with the school to T-Play indoor playground end of this month. as much as i want him to enjoy himself with the rest of his classmates , given the recent news on spike in hfmd and it being epidemic, im having second thoughts. the school strongly encourages all kids to attend and im imagining the scene whereby all his toddler friends go except him have to stay in school, it breaks my heart cus i know he will be very sad...but my hub n i are not fans of such indoor playgrounds..perhaps we r being over protective but we r really worried...
- 2016-06-03ladies,How do you get rid off the bulging fabbly tummy fast and effectively after delivery ? My kids are already 4 and 2yr old but still have tummy flabs
- 2016-06-03I don't have frozen stash but my chilled bm supply seem to go exesss 3 days..can I freeze my chilled milk on day4? can I freeze them in the same storage container instead of milk bags? I'm using autumnz bottles btw. thanks!
- 2016-06-03where can i buy this trolley n how much??
- 2016-06-03Hello Mom & Dad. Anyone of you have brilliant ideas of naming your new home. Just interested to find out what i could give a name that i can display it at my console area.
- 2016-06-03Very tempted to get a Yao Lan but I have heard a lot of cons about it. Do u guys still recommend getting one?
- 2016-06-04Anyone know where can I get nature hair gel for preschooler? Something similar to the photo attached. I need it for my little girl's ballet concert. Many thank.
- 2016-06-04Hello Mom & Dad. Anyone of you have brilliant ideas of naming your new home. Just interested to find out what i could give a name that i can display it at my console area.
- 2016-06-04anyone tried before chicco brand carrier? is it suitable for newborns onwards? does it need infant insert? TIA
- 2016-06-04Can you recommend baby stuff worth getting from Amazon ? I'm looking for stuff to get to entitle free shipping . Thanks !
- 2016-06-04my baby is 4 months old and I wanna take her for a haircut. where should I head?
- 2016-06-04Which breast pump will help yield more for milk supply?spectra seems to be raving among many mummies?Are they really good?currently I'm using medela pis but I can only pump about 40 ml per side.
- 2016-06-04Which website or Facebook page can I go to buy good but cheap stationery for children's birthday party goodie bags? I knew of one previously which had lots of stickers, stamps, markers, colour pencils etc to choose from but I forgot to bookmark it :(
- 2016-06-04Which stroller brand is good?
- 2016-06-04To choose Mt E novena for Mt Alvernia ? Delivering in Aug/Sep 2016. Gynae only delivers in these two hospitals.
- 2016-06-04my bb is drinking from avent bottles. I'm feeding fm. is it that when I tightened the bottle too tight, when bb drinks. many tiny bubbles will form? I loosen a bit yet still see bubbles. is it because the teat flow is too slow?
- 2016-06-04Just wondering if anybody knows what laundry washing liquid or powder is good for babies with eczema sensitive prone skin ? Currently am using Ecos which was supposed to be good :( TIA
- 2016-06-04I suspect my husband is having an affair. We are not from Singapore, and I want to move back to Canada - but my husband refuses. There is no logical reason to why he refuses to leave Singapore. How do I find out what is really going on? I have asked him upfront if there is another woman. He vehemently denies. I don't believe him.
- 2016-06-04Dr Titus Wu, Is myopia hereditary? Is their supplements or foods you would recommend to strengthen eye-sight in children?
- 2016-06-04My mum accidentally gave my 1 month old baby boy my daughter's Nan kid 4 formula!! Is there anything I can do or should be looking out for? TIA