anyone bought either of these toys? Which is better?

Post image
16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We had the magnetic building blocks. My kids enjoyed playing w them at least at the start. Beside allowing free play, we also play with them sometimes and guide them to make slightly more difficult structures to maintain their interest. Though this is the first time I've heard of it, I also think Magna-Tiles look more colourful & attractive.

Read more

My mom bought magnetic tiles from Popular fair when my gal was about 2-3 years old. It seemed difficult to play with but kids do pick up real fast. In no time, they are experimenting with their creativity. The only drawback is my mom bought the basic set (think about $70-$80) so not much can be done. Full set should be unlimited fun!

Read more

Magna tiles, with flat edges, are great for building structures i.e. castles. You should also consider Magformers. they are similar magnetic toys but with curve edges. they are also slightly smaller. to me, Magformers offer a different kind of play, more versatile ones such as making a mask. have fun shopping!

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Hi, may I know where you buy the Magformers? My children will love this...Tks.

VIP Member

Playhau at forum #02-15 also has magnetic building blocks and magnetic tiles. I quite like this one which retails for $99 http://www.playhao.com/collections/magna-tiles/products/magna-tiles_people_blocks_standard_31_pc_set

It seems like both work the same way! Perhaps you wana consider whichever that is more economical; Value for money! I have the magnetic building blocks, which I got from taobao at only $50-$60+ !

I bought 109 pieces. pretty good but my 4yrs old still not vwry good in playing this. the more pieces ans u can let them male bigger objects. for my young son 109 pieces I think is good enough

thanks jaime! so magna tiles is different from the two photos? looks kinda same to me with magnetic borders except that magnatiles looks prettier.

I not purchase this as my son still don't know how to play this. I think it is good for your children as can be let them expose more about it.

Magnatiles is the best among the magnetic toys . I bought it from pupsik. My kids of all ages play for hours and never get bored

I have bought toys from from Qoo10 too. I wonder if these toys are as fun as they seem for my children.