My 10 months old son is not eating his food. Sometimes he don't open his mouth & many times he don't swallow. I tried varieties of foods to make him eat. He is just tasting 3 spoons & again the same. Appreciate your suggestions please.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You will need to be patient and continue trying I think. Some tips my friends have shared are: - try to engage baby during meal times but making it "fun". Some of them tells a story and makes animated faces and funny sounds to encourage their babies to eat - try food of different textures and tastes - "design" food into cute characters to pique the baby's interest - eating together as a family, so that baby can see how everyone is enjoying their meals It really takes a lot of patience to get the baby to take to solids. Let the baby decide, offer food and snacks frequently. Ensure that baby is still getting his/her nutrients from breast milk or formula. Slowly, but surely, your baby will start eating soon.

Read more
VIP Member

Find out what he like, i believe he will eat, if he found something he like. Do try to give him snacks like gerber, to check whether he got interest in food or not. If he take in well on snacks, ah ha! Mean he is picky. What type of texture are you giving? Puree? Semi puree? Maybe he don't like the texture. My son don't like cereal, puree, he prefer semi solid or solid type. You can try let your son eat on his own, start with banana, honeydew, it's not very hard to chew.

Read more

My gal only started to like solid foods recently. Like last two months. She's 18th months btw. I think they are still not ready for solid. Even now if I want to get her to eat I muz play game with her. Then she will open her mouth. She likes certain soups only. And rice cannot mix with soup. (So picky ya).. In between solids she still will ask for my boobs. Slowly bah. Takes time but if every time eats a bit then shld be ok.

Read more

My baby boy is almost 1, and sometimes do the same when he is teething or not feeling well. You can try finger food or give him a spoon and let him eat by himself

my baby boy 7 months, same. look no interest on food. still can't fully start the solid food