Moms pls help - I don't have $ to spend on Fm, but I also cannot breastfeed (supply very Low). What's the cheapest but safe formula I can buy? Can I use less scoop of milk and more water or is it dangerous?when can I move to normal cow milk? Also can I buy the formula from JB? Which brand to buy. The most impt thing is the price. I really cannot afford.

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Depend on your comfort level. Malaysian kids drink the FM in their countries don't have much problems too. If not it'll be all over the news. China FM got a lot of problems and it's all over the news, if you do read the news. A lot of people buy this brand dugro from Malaysia. Fresh milk is best to give after 1 year old. The most 4.5-5 time of water with 4 scoops of FM. You can't dilute too much. Yes, people will say water intoxication but that is if you mix too much water. ( meaning is 1 scoop is 30 ml, u can give 150ml with 4 to 4 and 1/2 scoop of FM. I bought Friso as i feel if baby got no problem, actually all brand is about the same. Different in texture and taste only. Friso have a lot of promo and freebies, which i saves a lot too. Buy 5 get 1 free with free car or other thing, i can get to save money from buying the car separately for my kids too.

Read more

Please do not add more water when you use less scoop of milk. "When your baby directly feeds from your breast, the milk he receives is perfectly balanced for his needs at that moment. The rich balance of nutrients, immune factors, fats and fluids is biologically produced without you having to do a thing. That same balance needs to be maintained when you bottle feed your baby – it’s vital to their wellbeing. " - See more at: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/why-you-must-never-add-water-to-breastmilk-or-formula/

Read more

pls follow instructions and use formula milk with right proportion of water. as baby needs right amount of nutrients too much water can be harmful to baby if baby is under 6 mths too. cow's milk or goat's milk can be given after baby turns 1. if you would like to try bfeeding again latching baby is the best and maybe u can take some milk boosters. best thing would be to see a lactation consultant... the ladies at mother & child are great ... all the best mummy and don't stress :)

Read more

how do you know you have low supply? you can have good supply if you pump regularly or latch on demand. you can do it dear. (: as for fm, no can't put less scoop and more water. it's dangerous for the baby. try to get financial help from gov or something. if you don't mind, there are people who are willing to help too.

Read more
VIP Member

I think Dumex Dugro is the cheapest at $41 per tin (1.6kg). You can also consider parallel import powders that have been made in Malaysia. Parallel import for Dumex dugro refill pack (800g) is $12. http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/131-dumex-durgo http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/imports-/1224-900g-.html

Read more

Hi mummy .. How old is your Lo atm ? Ok to share why you couldn't afford since it's listed as anonymous anyways .. Would love to see if there's any particular way to help with your situation .. Pls follow the instruction carefully as per milk tin - different Brand’s have different instruction.

actually msia milk is fine. my baby girl drink msia fm fromm 0 to 7 mths den i changed to sg.. she's drinking mamil gold. buying from msia for stage 1 is $53. now RM goes up so i guess more cheaper already. actually if u put more water and lesser powder, baby will get hungry fast too.

Hi mummy, how old is your LO? The brand of FM also depends if it is being accepted by your LO. Dumex Mamil Gold is known as Dumex Mamex Cherish in Msia. Stage 1 is for 0 to 12 months babies. Accepted & suitable for relatives' kids both in S'pore & Msia

Read more

Mummy, you can buy formula cheaper at the Chinese medicine hall. Also you can contact all the fm company and get free trial. For Aptamil they have 900g Tin if you register online. http://www.aptaadvantage.com.sg Pls don't dilute the milk!

no don't do that add more water less powder. Baby health is very important if they can't get enough vitamin they growing also have a problem. They will get sick easily also i think dumex is the cheapest can try dumex.