Is there a difference between buying formula milk in Malaysia instead of sg? How much cheaper is it across the causeway?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've came across this blog post that noted the differences between Enfamil (sold in Singapore) and Enfalac (sold in Malaysia). Both are authentic Mead Johnson Products. There are some slight differences in terms of the nutritional values (take a look at the table in the post). Both are produced in Netherlands but the one sold in Malaysia is packed in Thailand while the one available in Singapore is a direct import. https://mabelinewilliam.com/2015/07/08/differences-between-singapore-and-malaysia-enfamil-stage-1/ Think you can check with the company if different versions are sold in different countries.

Read more

My friend says the price difference is quite a bit. She buys NAN HA stage 2 currently and at Tesco in JB, for a 800g tin of formula, it costs 96RM which is about 32SGD while in Singapore's NTUC, it costs about 54SGD. The packaging is a wee bit different. Not too sure about ingredients but her child doesn't reject any of the formula be it from Malaysia or Singapore. But she says with the VEP charges at the borders, the traffic jams, she doesn't see it as worth it anymore.

Read more

Depends on the brand - you must see where is it manufactured. So far from what I understand karihome and s26 is exactly the same as sold in singapore. For Friso and isomil look for those manufactured in Netherlands. Don't buy enfa as it is manufactured in Thailand.

Read more

I find it ok. Honestly, there’s a whole lot of children drinking milk powder in Malaysia and all grow up with no issue. Also, a lot of our food products are made in Malaysia. I would think it’s safe to buy from major supermarkets, but not those small time ones.

I used to buy stage 1 mamil gold from msia at $53 but sg selling it at $80 plus if i nv rmb wrongly. just tat msia stage 1 can drink till 1 year old and sg stage 1 is till 6 mths old.

my hub always dont allow me to buy diaper or fm from malaysia, he always says dont know safe anot. he keeps insisting for baby safety its okay to spend as those are worthwhile items.

my uncle bought enfalac which cost about 35sgd whereas sg selling is enfamil which cost about 59sgd. the difference is the taste. sg enfa is tastier than that of msia .

I bought the endalac from Malaysia. Way cheaper than sg!! One tin =$59 at sg is crazy. After all msia enfalac has high DHA content compared to other brands in sg

If I go to JB, I would buy formula milk that’s made in Australia or Netherlands. Anything other than that I don’t. Diapers I just get from SG.

TapFluencer

I don't understand why Malaysia repackaged Bellamy's Organic, hence I won't buy from Malaysia even that's SGD $17 difference 😊

4y ago

Cos I guess, how to justify selling in SG’s pricing if they don’t repackage it? Or maybe lower cost of packaging?