hello mummies or daddies... Can i check with you guys have u all puchase milk cheaper $6-7 per can at those chinese medical hall shop than local supermarker ? I realize its both from Singapore but the cover is different in colour and price different is quite alot. And usually those chinese medical shop they collect back the tins or cover and rebate $0.50-$1 for each item. I wonder why do they collect back ? and will it be counterfeit milk powder even though its in Singapore ? As i read on some forum there are some fake milk powder etc.. As a first time mum i m so unsure about this.. can someone share with me your experience ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

ya i do get from chinese medical hall. the price is slightly cheaper . can actually compare. i bought the milk power from ntuc . i actually snap a few shot of the tin and also their mfg from where. and when i drop by chinese medical hall . i will compare the image . mostly is to see where is the mfg and packing from which country . dun think in sg have fake milk. as sg will be very strict in this. so should be find. some medical hall their milk power is import from malaysia. can see from the tin as there will be malay wording if im not wrong. if not ca check with the chinese medical hall pp as they will just tell u . issit local or malaysia stock .

Read more

I do purchase from Chinese Medical Hall. As they do bulk purchase, their prices are quite competitive. Some of them import directly from Malaysia and some from Singapore. You will have to ask. Fake milk powder in Singapore? Mm... Don't think so anyone dares to do it. I usually will also buy online at places like redmart, honest bee, etc ... so that I don't have to carry with me. You can earn some cashback too. Please refer to the below link:- https://www.shopback.sg/?raf=taeRBg

Read more

I have purchased them before and they are usually slightly cheaper than retail. Those that you see with a different packing could be manufactured and packed in a different country, as long as it is properly sealed I would think it's safe. (I will only say that Coz we are here in Singapore) Another suggestion to buy milk powder at lower price is to stock them up during baby fairs. They always have very good promotions which you can save quite abit if you buy in bulk.

Read more

if saying at malaysia then i will be very doubtful for the cheap pricing and quality of the powder. but if in singapore, i will feel safe as all food related stuff will need to be checked by the authority at the port before releasing out to sell. the reason why there is rebate may be due to the shops itself can earn some money from recycling.

Read more

When you purchase them, are they sealed properly? (I.e with the aluminium seal?) Be very careful if they aren't! Reasons for collecting used tins could be for recycling, most plastic bottles/recyclable tins get you a certain rebate if you collect them and return them to recycling centres :)

I don't think sg will allow fake milk powder as I think they are quite strict with the check. but I agree the price are cheaper than ntuc, but previously I want to buy in bulk I call in Abbott they sell more ex than ntuc. so I guess it's up to them to mark up the price.

I don't get it from medical shop because I don't where the source really from. Mostly get from supermarket when it on offer so I store 1 to 2 tin extra..