My LO is 7.5 months old.. I wanted to start to introduce chicken (introduced fish so far).. Do we need to give organic chicken meat ? Those in supermarkets are not organic , right ? Or is okie to jus cook using the chicken meat bought from the supermarket ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is totally fine to give the ones from the supermarket. What is important is how you handle and cook the meat. Just make sure that it is thoroughly cooked and that during preparation, fresh meat or its juice does not touch surfaces which can be in direct contact with your baby like plates. Organic is good but they are expensive and non organic is just as good :-)

Read more

Hi there, it's okay to give chicken from supermarkets in Singapore as all meat products from or imported into Singapore are tested to be of highest health and hygiene standards. You can give organic but it is pricier than the usual ones. My view is that the normal non-organic chickens are just as safe and easier on the wallet.

Read more
VIP Member

Normal fresh chicken is fine :) We adult do eat them too. Once baby after 12months old, you can start to let baby join your table food too. But of course you have to cook more healthier for your LO to join, hence don't need to specially everything organic too. Of course if you can afford, everything organic is better too.

Read more
VIP Member

I buy Kee song Sakura chicken. Not organic, but antibiotics free. And easily bought at ntuc.

I gave my baby normal chicken breast meat :) seems fine for her.