I allowed my husband to have a new hobby 2 years back and I feel it has taken over our lives. His hobby is building gundams. He seems to not understand that there is limits. Am I being selfish or is he?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For most men, they are primarily interested in either gaming or gadgets. My hub is the latter. I understand how obsessed they can be when they start to be in a world which only they and their equipment exist. To us, these are nonsensical but to them, they are their darlings. I had to talk to my hub on the damage he had done on our family esp our marriage. He was so much into the gadgets that he neglected me. So after much communication, he decided that he will stop his gaming and gadgets stuff and focus on family and me. Hence, if u continue to put forth to him on his priority vs his past time, I think he can still take it.

Read more

Well dat is men. However u can try to speak with him. Educating him that family bonding is equally important as his interest. Some men will make sacrifices for the family while some won't. It really depends on individuals. Maybe I'm the lucky one as hubby puts family above everything else. Or maybe the wife is very strict or overbearing.

Read more