my 2yo LO will be going excursion with the school to T-Play indoor playground end of this month. as much as i want him to enjoy himself with the rest of his classmates , given the recent news on spike in hfmd and it being epidemic, im having second thoughts. the school strongly encourages all kids to attend and im imagining the scene whereby all his toddler friends go except him have to stay in school, it breaks my heart cus i know he will be very sad...but my hub n i are not fans of such indoor playgrounds..perhaps we r being over protective but we r really worried... any opinions?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not that I am cursing anyone, but look at it this way.. At the rate hfmd is going, it's like those usual flus and coughs, our LO is going to get it one of these days. What we can do to LESSEN the risk of getting it is to practise good hygiene and sanitize. I have a friend whose BABY got it; didn't go to ifc, playground etc. So how did he get it? Probably outside when go Polyclinic or those diaper changing station etc. So does that mean we have to avoid all these places now? I say let them have fun at the playground. I love watching my son play at these playground and he has loads of fun. Yes, I am equally worried about hfmd, especially when I have another 6mth old at home. But if it happens, it happens. Let's just deal with it. :)

Read more
VIP Member

Despite the outbreak of HFMD, don't really see anyone saying, " i went to this indoor playground and got HFMD." Nowsday, either mummy is kind enough to warn people about getting HFMD there as they are victim and not sure they did a clean up or not, or criticize that they didn't check temperature, never clean up etc, that why they got HFMD from this playground. So far, not much news and complain about it, so i still feel it's quite safe to go. I used to be overprotective but since i let her go school, i should try to accommodate with the school as much as i can. You wan your kids to look forward to go to school also right. My girl really look forward when there is outing from school.

Read more

I can totally understand how u feel. I also get worried when they go excursion like what if he don't behave in the bus and had accident or didn't hold hands when crossing the road since the teacher can only handle a handful of kids. Even not going to indoor playground, my kids caught hfmd when they use the nursing room to change diaper. I guess if it happens it happens, no matter how u protect them. Can only ensure or teach them to use the sanitizer before and after play.

Read more

I believe the indoor playground will be more cautious to thoroughly clean it since its meant for the special day for these childcare kids. actually everywhere will have viruses and bacterias which I think come places are more unclean. Let the kids have fun.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-7744)

u may be being a little over protective. let your kid have fun, and enjoy time with his friends. these indoor playgrounds r quite clean i think too