Im a fully bf mom..my lo wudnt drink milk from the bottle.i am down with fever n runny nose.i understand we cn take panadol.what abt for flu?any idea what meds we can take?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can go and see a doctor and let him/her know that you are breastfeeding. If I'm not wrong, flu medication such as chlorpheniramine is safe for breastfeeding mother. In the meantime, consume more fruits and vegetables, plenty of fluid and get as much rest as possible. I personally find that taking vitamin C supplements helped with the recovery of flu. Get well soon!

Read more

Before you are sick, antibodies are already being produced and in fact, it is good for yr baby. You can go to the doctor and inform the doctor u r breastfeeding ao that they can prescribe something suitable. Also, take only when necessary.

Read more

Please go to the doctors, do not self medicate especially when you are breastfeeding. Meanwhile, keep yourself hydrated and rest as much as possible. For me, i prefer to let the course run itself naturally.

When I'm sick even with fever I still latch my girl ! I will take antihistamines like Zyrtec and also supplement myself with vitamin c it helps alot