theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for June 2016
- 2016-06-06Hi.. any SAHM? wondering how u all can cope financially? Hope u all can answer my qns.
1) How much is the whole family expenses like each mth?
2) How much does ur spouse earns?
3) Got give u pocket money since u not working?
4) Do u still give ur parents allowance?
- 2016-06-06hi parents
any recommendation for water bottle (straw kind) that is easy to clean? My lo is currently using one which was a gift. however the straw is tilted in a weird direction that result in not being able to suck water when the bottle is abt 1/4 full.
- 2016-06-06what do you use to clean the baby bottles? I'm using pigeon liquid cleanser
- 2016-06-06I don't use my husband's surname but my daughter does. We are traveling to Singapore next month. Will there be any problem? What documents should i carry with me?
- 2016-06-06Anyone tried bumwear and moo moo kow cloth diapers before? Which one do you think is better ?
If you recommend it, what's a good price to get for 1 piece (Incl how many inserts)? TIA!!
- 2016-06-06When do u give ur baby 肥仔水 (gripes water)?eg. After bath of morning or night? One day how many times and how much ml?
- 2016-06-06My helper is from indonesia and today she asked if she can start fasting tomorrow. Her agreement with her agency was that she would not fast while working here. Her main duties are housework, laundry and cooking. i am concerned that she would not be able to take it. She is my first helper.
Anyone here have domestic helpers who are fasting? or not fasting? Any advice?
- 2016-06-06Any recommendations for nasal aspirator, or the pump to suck out the mucus? I'm using the nuk but like not super effective cos my LO nose still stucked after use...
- 2016-06-06Hi... Where can I get cheaper swim diapers in Singapore ? We r planning to have fun at swimming pool with my 11 months old baby....
- 2016-06-06Is it safe to go for hair treatments such as hair rebonding or perming while breastfeeding? Will the chemicals enter our bloodstream and is there a need to pump and dump our breastmilk after such treatments ?
- 2016-06-06Anyone tried these before?
If yes, do you recommend it?
Where to buy good and cheap diaper cover to with these?
- 2016-06-06mummy were can i buy cloth book and card picture/numbering for my newborn???
- 2016-06-07Please advise where to buy lactation cookies?
- 2016-06-07I filled the ice pack with water. I think I over fill it and it's kinda bloated when it's freeze. any one knows if it's possible to remove water from the ice pack? and how? TIA
- 2016-06-07Can someone tell me how to eat or drink coconut oil as I bought Nutiva, Organic Coconut Oil, and
Bob's Red Mill, Organic, Extra Thick Rolled Oats and Nutiva, Organic Chia Seed, Black how to consume? Thank you very much for your help~
- 2016-06-07My baby has very dry nose and his nose is always stuck with those dry thingy in the nose? How can I remove it from his nose? I use the nose cleaner like a bulb but it's not working ~ anyone can advise me what can I do?
- 2016-06-07I am breastfeeding my baby and I keep having diarrhea, will baby be effected as well? Cos I notice last night he was cranky and he will cry in his sleep and also keep farting and also the smell like want to "laosai" (meaning watery pass motion) what I notice is because I drink magnolia oats plu and I will have stomache and my son just Change his formula from nan optipro 1 to nan optipro 1 HA~
- 2016-06-07Hi, is your baby/child looked after by your parents or in-law? If yes, do you pay them monthly, this is apart frm the expenses incurred by baby such as diaper, food, formula, etc
- 2016-06-07What do you do when you are having a bad day? Everything that could go wrong is going wrong today. Full time working Mum with a 3 month old.
- 2016-06-07Hi mummies, are there any good pillows for newborns that you can recommend? Or should newborns not use pillows at all?
- 2016-06-07How can I introduce green vegetables in my 11-month-old's diet? Can anybody suggest some recipes?
- 2016-06-07I and my husband are planning to buy a family car. We already have a 3YO and am pregnant with my second baby. Any suggestions?
- 2016-06-07Where to buy good dumpling?
- 2016-06-07My mother in law (from China) n my husband had a huge fight and she left the house today morning and still have not return. She also switch off her phone. She is 70 and only speaks Mandarin. Husband heck care. I dont know what to do. Should I go to the police?
- 2016-06-07Any recommended brand for bread maker? My family love to eat bread so I think is more healthier if I can make bread for them.
- 2016-06-07Any pasta recipe that suitable for kids?
- 2016-06-07I'm breastfeeding . Can I take Panadol ?
- 2016-06-07Is tuition class needed for children nowadays?
- 2016-06-07My young son is in lower primary and popular with girls classmates. His peers tease him with those girls classmates are bf/gf stuff like that. He was annoyed and puzzled. How do I explain to him that it is too young to get involve with this while not destroying his friendship with the girls in school.
- 2016-06-07My lo stool is always watery after starting god rink nan 1 HA, anyone face the same problem as his watery stool always stain his clothes and I got no choice but to throw the clothes each time he pass motion~ is there any diapers which is good for absorb watery stool?
- 2016-06-08when do you actually go into delivery room? my hospital package only covers first five hours then subsequently 50/hour.
- 2016-06-08Hi all, I've been planning to bring my 18mo boy for a dental check up. But I've got no idea where to bring him.. There's nothing wrong with his teeth, just a normal routine check.. Appreciate if there's recommendations on dental clinic in the north for toddlers.. Thanks!
- 2016-06-08any physical store selling maymom flange?
- 2016-06-08My daughter is 21mo and I have been trying for the past 1 year to conceive naturally again but no luck.
Any mummies also facing secondary infertility issues and how do you overcome it?
Any mummies currently undergoing subsidized fertility treatments in govt hospital (KKH/NUH or any others)?
- 2016-06-08I read that NAN formula milk is the closest to breastmilk. However, there are a few types of NAN formula available, NAN Comfort 1/Pro 1 Gold/Optipro HA 1 Gold. Any advice on which I should get? Bb is 10wks old.
- 2016-06-08When we were young we were told to look at the trees, the green leaves as it helps "improve" myopia. Is it true?
- 2016-06-08What's your recommendation of check ups/screening on normal child with high risk (eg myopic parents) in terms of frequency, and which specialist (optician vs ophthalmologists) ?
- 2016-06-08What age can children wear contacts?
- 2016-06-08Any mummies can recommend shaping cream for tummy?Is it safe to use while breastfeed?
- 2016-06-08Thanks for organizing the "ask an expert" session Roshni, I find it very helpful even as a pediatric doctor myself! I wonder if you would extend it other areas of parenting concerns (like dealing with behavioral issues of different age groups), perhaps in a similar set up or a forum of various expertise?
- 2016-06-08Is it important for babies and toddlers to expose to phonics since young? Can we let them move along with the flow according to the childcare centre syllabus which does not include teaching of reading and numbers.
- 2016-06-08I always full of energy and want to bring my kids out but my husband gets tired very easily. We often do not think eye to eye and I will rather bring my girl out on my own even though I wish my husband could join too. Is it normal? Does our marriage sound to have problem?
- 2016-06-08Hi mummy , like to know where to buy Spectra 9s plus breastpump at a lower price than baby fair.
- 2016-06-08I'm following everything in the app but my daughter was born 6 weeks before her Estimated delivery date. Should I be using her birthday or her EDD?
- 2016-06-08My son just started the tenth leap and I was wondering what comes next - app does not show me anything after the 10th leap
- 2016-06-08What exactly is a Wonder Week?
- 2016-06-08anyone got buy anything from IKEA online?? Do they deliver it??
- 2016-06-08Are there signs to tell you that your baby is going through a leap?
Should we use the EDD or the birth date to gauge when is the leap?
Does it mean that the child don't go through growth spurts or leaps after the 10th leap?
- 2016-06-09Understand breastfeeding mummy need to consume a lot of fluids. Do you still continue to drink longan water even after confinement? My confinement lady says longan water is for replenish blood so should continue to drink while breastfeed. How do you replenish lots of fluid beside soup?
- 2016-06-09Any tips and advise for preparation before 1st day of pre-school? How to get my child mentally prepared?
Should I accompany my child for a couple of days for an hour or so to observe the other children in the playgroup? And also she can get acquainted with the environment before the first day.
Some childcare allow 1 full day where mummy can stay with child in the center but I m afraid the child may assume that the mum should be around all e time in the playgroup this might not be good to train her independence.
- 2016-06-09Any recommendation on apps/ YouTube videos on songs/ storytelling in mandarin suitable for 2yo toddler?
- 2016-06-09There is once I feel my baby skipped a leap. Is that normal? What are the other things do I look out for when she skips a leap? I can't rmbr which tho :(
- 2016-06-09Can I ask what baby oil you using beside Johnson's baby? I just want to buy one to apply to my baby's dry ears~
- 2016-06-09My 5mo baby has a dip in appetite and also she does not want to be bottle fed, as a result, she is not taking in much milk. She will either play or resist the teat of the bottle. As a result, much of my breastmilk is wasted coz thrown away.
She resists both breastmilk and formula milk. If we spoon feed her the milk, she is okay...
Is it related to teething?
- 2016-06-09Any parents here experience LO having nose bleed??? My 2yr old son had a fall and injured his right nostril so whenever he cries and/or scratch his nose.. he will bleed alot! 2 trips to KKH and both doctors said same thing- must wait for internal injury to self heal and to apply ointment 3 times a day and press nose bridge to stop bleeding. My husband and I are both at our wits end. No. 1) He would cry-randomly at night and won't stop until a few minutes. 2) He refuse any1 to touch his nose. 3) We are v worried abt the amt of blood he loses each day.
p.s: im 5 months pregnant and my firstborn son has been extra clingy. he will be seeing a ear nose throat specialist nxt wends.
- 2016-06-10When are the wonder weeks? AS in what weeks do they occur?
- 2016-06-10my lo is 2mth old
can i use teat w 2 hole instead of 1?
cos 1 hole she tend to drink v slow (30min feeding)
- 2016-06-10My new helper is coming soon. Bad experience with the previous 2. Any one has a schedule for their helper to share?
I have a front and back patio area, lots of clothes to wash everyday- 3 children + 5 adults. Kids are in CC.
- 2016-06-10Which preschools in Singapore have outdoor gardens?
- 2016-06-10For those who have regular meals at home, how much does your grocery and household necessities (like tissue paper / laundry soaps etc) add up to every week?
I'm a fulltime housewife and I spend about $150. In my home theres only me, hubby and toddler. Friends and family drop by occasionally. Sometimes i feel it's too much but i cook everyday. And i also buy toiletries from cheaper shops like Venus or CK. I will wake up very early twice or thrice a week to go to wet market to get fresh meats and seafood at cheaper price. But I tend to buy organic foods, bigger prawns (small ones cheaper) or more nutritious fish like fresh salmon and codfish sometimes.
- 2016-06-11What brand of wipes do u all use to wipe baby's mouth? I'm currently using LEC Japan wipes but thinking of keeping track of a few other brands so I can purchase whenever there are good prices. Thanks in advance!
- 2016-06-11Any review of Da little preschool at Robinson road, CBD area?
- 2016-06-11My husband is in the Army and he mostly is away for exercise and other office work, which is why we don't have sex that often. Lately, my neighbour has been calling me from his landline and asking me to come home. I know he is physically interested in me and even I want to have some good sex. Should I take his call?