Is tuition class needed for children nowadays?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, It depends on the parents expectations and ur child abilities. I've a pri 2 princess. She has had great results so far without tuition. However we do 5 pages of assessments everyday on weekdays and at 5 pm we go to the playground or park. It sounds a lot but actually it's pretty much not more than 5 questions per page. I must say that the syllabuses are much tougher than it was during our time. I just enrolled her in a creative writing class as the standard is very high, I was shocked to see her classmates essays so it was a panic reflex on my part. She seems to be enjoying it and is using wat she learnt in daily life. Other than that I wouldn't enrol her in tuition unless her teacher tells me she needs extra help. Most schools have tuition for students who need a little help anyways.

Read more

Depends on your parenting style. In a competitive environment like Singapore, tuition has become the norm as a supplement to school and it's understandable if parents want their kids to have the edge over others. Having lived in Sweden for a few years, tuition is virtually unheard of and the kids cope fine and I think they are just as competitive. Agree with the mommy above. Tuition can be a supplement to school especially if they child is not doing too well. Enrichment classes are okay and I'm all for them but if your child is not inclined, then best not to force them.

Read more

Personally, I think it is dependent on the personality of the child (and also the age of the child). Tuition has become so common these days. For me, I think it will help if the child is feeling too stressed up from school and is having difficulty coping. In this case, tuition would serve its purpose of helping the child cope with school work. However, if the child is coping well in school, I would think that tuition is not needed and the time could be better spend trying out activities that are more enjoyable to the child. Just my two cents.

Read more

I needed help in creating my presentation assignment as it requires not only computer skills but some creativity as well. I searched online for writing services and found https://www.wiseessays.com/power-point-presentation and order was an easy process. The writers were professional and have over years of experience in designing presentations. They did an amazing job with the slides and delivered them on time. They have some student-friendly plans and discounts on orders. Privacy of the customer is their priority.

Read more

It depend on your child's ability. I know my elder is not very good in chinese, i will still continue to let her go for tuition to give her more foundation and also to practise more on speech and writing. Otherwise if teachers mentioned if she need extra help on that subject, i will consider. Tuition is very subjective and it wont follow the school syllabus or system. so i find it pointless.

Read more

Math was very difficult for me in college, I literally could not do anything, this is the only subject in which I had a grade C. Then I turned to https://www.bestessays.com.au/math-assignment-help.php and was able to increase my score to A with their help, it was my salvation and I went on a scholarship.

Read more

It all depends on your child ability and your parenting style. For mine, her weekdays is just school. Saturday will be for English and Mandarin Enrichment and Sunday is family day. I don't think I would want to stress the poor kid out unless she seriously cannot cope. Hope this helps

I will think it is a yes. There is no exams in P1 and the only exam is only at the end of P2, you never know how exactly they will be faring. You might get a shocked and suddenly it would have been already P3, and have a hard time catching by for P4 streaming.

It depends on individual. If the parents have no time to coach, we cant just let our precious one sink. and then again if our precious one is sinking, why should we add on their burden. having tution is meant to help and not stress the child further. ☺

If the child can catch up with the class and the teacher does not have any issue than I do not see the need of the tuition. I Guess it would be best if you can check with the teacher on the child progress.