My new helper is coming soon. Bad experience with the previous 2. Any one has a schedule for their helper to share? I have a front and back patio area, lots of clothes to wash everyday- 3 children + 5 adults. Kids are in CC.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

1. If ur new helper threatened to throw down your daughter, video her saying it and say, you will show it to the police. (Your turn to threaten, and threatening can lead to how many months of jails , fine etc) 2. When it's time for meal, let her eat 1st and tell her to continue after meal. (Don't let them hate you, build a good relationship, of course when you choose the helper that time, you won't choose somemore who will talk back to you right.) 3. Do let her know your weekly schedule, eg. I have a dog, so she will bath him once a week on Wednesday. She may not remember so remind her nicely for being new. 4. Can be nice to her but don't let her come over your head. After scolding when she do something wrong or never clean properly, don't continue to scold anymore(oh ya, don't scold till like she commit a crime ok, just firm scolding, don't need to shout too), after that have to pause awhile, don't let her feel you are unreasonable, only know how to scold non-stop. Building a good relationship, is putting you and your family in a safe hands instead of danger (being stab, or thrown down). Once the helper do threaten, please do something immediately, it's not safe anymore. My household chores is simple, a bit hard to share with you, as long, she done washing clothes, cook, mop and sweet floor etc, than she is feel free to rest.

Read more

Sounds like my family. My helper does the following. No need to take care of the kids. Weekly 1. Changing of bedsheets for 5 bedrooms 2. Cleaning a total of 4 toilets 3. Wiping windows and furnitures 4. Clean fans 5. Follow us for grocery shopping Daily 1. Vacuum and mop the floor once in the morning 2. Prepare all 3 meals 3. Clean the kitchen after cooking dinner every night 4. Laundry (machine wash and hang out to sun dry) 5. Wash dishes 6. Wipe baby play area (play yard, slide, swing, etc) 7. Water the plants

Read more
8y ago

Hi! Preparing of meals - does your family comes up with a daily menu or does the helper decides? Also, does helper normally can cook or have to be taught? thank you.

Maybe you can make a daily checklist for your new helper. So she knows everyday what her duties are and can manage time well. But be mindful that you should be realistic. If you set her 10 arduous tasks in 10 hours, she might not be able to complete them well as she might have to rush through them. In the first few weeks after her arrival, maybe provide an orientation period of sorts so you can show her how things should be done. Here's an example I found online. Good luck!

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Thank you!! That's very helpful.

VIP Member

What were the issues with the other two helpers? I have learnt over time to sit them down on their first day and establish rules of the house and chores. I have had lots of issues of my helper constantly being on her handphone. Wish I had establish the right rules from the beginning.

8y ago

The first one from Myanmar, super drama. Faint when we scold her. Threatened to throw my daughter out of window when she doesn't eat her meal. Second one after loan finished, say her father sick wanna go back. Went to find a new maid but she said she wa

3 kids and 5 adults vs 1 maid.. How to win? Might want to sit down with someone and manage your expectations ;x