theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for December 2016
- 2016-12-26Good morning Mummies,
What should i bring when go to give birth in Kk hospital?
- 2016-12-26Where to get a suitable bag for young toddler? And what to pack and how do u pack them all into the bag? For school use. She going cc in jan
- 2016-12-26Hi mummies , for those whose LOs had hfmd before, when did their appetite come back fully? It has been 9 days and my LO is still not finishing his usual portions of solids, instead he prefers sweet fruits like kiwi, banana and avocado. Do share ur experience with me, thank u! My lO is currently 13 months.
- 2016-12-26My 10mth old lo is teething n has been having fever on n off.. Is it normal? Only her head, neck, body feel hot . her foot feels cold .. Is it normal? Today is 3rd day of fever le .. Just bring her to jb for first time so not sure what is causing her fever.. She having 2 teeth coming out at the same time n a few teeth can b seen 'queuing' to come out le .. Tried wiping her body with lukewarm water also still like that.. Any recommendations on how to make lo drink medicine?
- 2016-12-26I'd like to understand how you handle a helper who has been losing your things. Mine has been losing kitchenware, my clothes and even our queen sized bedsheet. Been telling her to be careful, but it still happens. She's with us for more than 1 year. From my observation, I think either she's born to be careless, or she knows she lost them and she doesn't care until we (her employers) find out. Grateful for some guidance because I'm a first time employer, thanks!
- 2016-12-26Is it a must to bath herbal water during confinement especially in the first 2 weeks? I bathed with herbal water with my first confinement but everytime i end up very sticky which make me feel disgusted and no mood + CL not letting me bath normal and letting me hold my baby even for 5mins. Argh!
On a side note, for those who had CL does she let u hold the baby everytime? (Excluding breastfeed)
- 2016-12-26Hi mummies, Did anyone use these night lights purchased from mothercare? Are they reasonable bright enough to shine some light into the baby room? I just want to make sure I will be able to see the baby and can move around in the room without disturbing the baby. Or any other recommendations? Thanks
- 2016-12-26Any good recommended maternity pillow that can provide good support and sufficient cushion?
- 2016-12-26Hi all,
Any one know if there will be any fireworks in Woodlands on New year eve? wanna bring my girl
- 2016-12-26Hi all
My girl is gg infant care next month(my eldest daughter 3years old same sch) and i was told by the school that i wont be able to have orientation for my small girl as the sch is having cases on hfmd? Can i still insist on having it cause this concern hygiene and i need to know where the placed e bottles/shower e kids/how is the meal being prepared/where are utensils kept/where the child is sleeping etc? Is this their protocol?
- 2016-12-26Need some point of view and no judgement please... i am a mother of 1 and since my kid was born we have more or less decided to have just one kid as I was quite overwhelmed and do not have any room for other kids. We definitely know the advantages of having another child but I feel right now that's all I could handle... The fear of having another child was so bad that when I dreamt of it and woke up like a nightmare.
And it really happened, found out I was pregnant recently and I am half decided to get it terminated. I know it's definitely bad and selfish for me to think this way but I had my worries. My kid has special needs and this journey caused lifetime worry to us and it's very REAL. I am very worried if #2 have the same issues as it can be genetic. We are also in our comfort zone of having to concentrate of loving one child, and afraid of getting stretched to give each attention, while I will be juggling with 2 kids without help. Marriage might suffer due to too much time invested in kids. Their age gap will be big, i dont find much a strong need to find them as playmates.
I'm now a bit confused and not confident if i can really give birth in this kind of mentality. My hubby isn't too pleased but encourage to give birth for responsibility, don't want to get karma for abortion and believe this pregnancy came for a reason for us. I dont even know if these reasons are even good enough to carry on to give birth, since he hardly helps out with #1. The cons seems to be greater than the pros...
- 2016-12-26Where can I buy epsom salt?
- 2016-12-26What is the different between nan optipro gro 3 and nan gro 3?
- 2016-12-27What will you do if your MIL keep buying stuffs that are impractical for your children? I requested my husband to tell her save the money and bring my children out for great food when we meet instead of buying stuffs. However, my husband scold me for being ungrateful and not being appreciative.
My reason is the clothes my mil bought is often in very thick material (more for winter wear) or scary print which my girl don't even dare to go near not to mention put it on. I will normally keep it until they outgrown and bless it out. My husband scold me for wasting money by not letting the kids wear it and keep buying new clothes. There was once I just casually brought up the topic that the clothes are too thick to wear now as the weather is too hot when my mil ask. He get upsets and start to find trouble with me that day. He himself know the truth but keep pushing the blame to me. What will you guy do if you are me?
- 2016-12-27I'm fed up with my Husband. He is not working this month as he is waiting to start a new job in jan. Everyday he is at home feeling bored and tired. Daytime he just watched his TV and night time when all goes to bed, he is on his phone playing games n reading stomp etc. He doesn't play much with our toddler. Even when she is sick n I have difficulties trying to feed the screaming toddler medicine, he is just sitting there stuck to his TV!! I do everything in a rush always, having my meals, taking a shower n even pooing! Once, I was in the showers n I heard our baby crying. I quickly rush out n see him laying beside crying baby but he is on his phone! I asked why he didn't pick her up, his reply was he doesn't know what she wants and she is too fragile. This is our second baby and he still feels he can't handle a newborn! I feel like screaming at him where is his Father instinct and that he is a lousy Father!!! I often chided him that he always feel tired because he spent his night reading useless news on his HP while everyone is asleep! N he doesn't nothing meaningful in the daytime!
- 2016-12-27I would like to deliver in Thomson, care to recommend any gynae and their charges? Thanks
- 2016-12-27Any review for Dr Lawrence Ang from tmc?
- 2016-12-27Hi mummies , any good affordable prenatal massage trial to go to besides Baby bellies and beauty mums and babies ? My back is aching badly. Thanks
- 2016-12-27My boy 2 months plus have colic and I want to buy a baby carrier so I can bring him out to nearby shopping center without putting him in a stroller to cause him too much stress. And reduce the colic if I am outside with him.
But should I buy a sling or a carrier? Is ergobaby airy 360 good? Because is quite expensive so I want to know if it is worth the investment.
Can mummies recommend me any good carrier?
Tula is good but is more expensive than ergobaby :(
- 2016-12-27Hi. My daughter is 3 years old. She have eczema since when she was 2 months old. I bring her to c doc at kk. And was ask to use QV product. Till now no changes n it get worse. Any one can help me on this
- 2016-12-27Is chiropractic care or prenatal massage better? Which one will help to relieve aches better? Any recommendation?
- 2016-12-27If your child already get infected by hfmd, will he or she will get hfmd again for the second time?
- 2016-12-27How do you prepare for baby trip ? Especially their milk.. Do u use boil tap water or mineral water ?
- 2016-12-27I feel sad. I want to delay putting my lo in childcare as much as possible. I want her to have a free childhood. But me and my husband are both working. Being a sahm mom is not an option because of financial issues.
My mom who is her current caretaker when I'm at work told me that she wants me to send my kid to childcare asap. If not, find a babysitter elsewhere. I don't understand why she can't wait a few more months. The way she talks about my lo is like she's a burden. We give her the same amount of money she earns when she was working, for taking care of my lo. And we don't even ask her to do anything (house chores Etc) or buy anything. Just to take care of lo.
I feel so guilty. I feel like I'm robbing my child of a carefree childhood. She has to start school so early (my mom asked me to put her in childcare at 18 mths) and won't stop till she starts working in adulthood.
I just wish I can become a sahm and look after her myself. I teared looking at her after I pat her to sleep. If any of you have any positive words to share, please do. I need them right now.
- 2016-12-27Mummies using tula carrier can give me your advice which is better?
- 2016-12-27Can't stand my helper - she hasn't done anything terrible per se, but she's consistently hopeless. My question is, how do I fire her without jeopardizing my kids. I shouldn't give her advance warning to find a new employer right?
- 2016-12-27I accidentally left LO's food in the pot for 14hour. I woke up, heated it up and put it in the fridge. Is it okay to serve the food again, or no? Lo is 14 months. I tasted the food, it hasn't turned bad
- 2016-12-28Hi mummies
I just came back from poly for some injection for my girl however her head circumference, weight drop to 50 percentile. She's 5 months old birth weight was 4.6 kg today was 6.4kg.
Should I be worried? She will always regurgitate after her milk sometimes could be a lot taking in 160ml 3 hourly..
- 2016-12-28Hi mummies. Wonder if the Malay and Indian mummies can shed some light.
Is there any ingredient in fried chicken briyani that is a milk booster?
Thanks in advance!
- 2016-12-28How do mummies cope if your husband works 12 hr shift work and 1 kid going childcare near home. But office is far from home.
- 2016-12-28My baby who is 9 months old has HFMD. PD prescribed lotion, cream and drop for red spots & ulcers.
What should I do now in order for him to recover?
- 2016-12-28What should I be expecting after a measles vaccination? My LO has been having high fever of about 39 deg celcius for 3 days. The fever is not coming down. Should I take him back to the doctor?
- 2016-12-28Dear mummies, my LO girl now 16 months these 2 days suddenly she don't want to drink milk, and keep rejecting . But she eats porridge lunch & dinner , in between drink lots of water and glucolin for supplement . Does any parents encounter that too.? Any advise for me.. very worried.. many thanks ?
- 2016-12-28Hi mummies, I'm in sales line and my boss "threatened" that if I get pregnant, he will redeploy me and jeopardize my appraisal for promotion and commission. As we were asked to do annual medical checkup by company but I just found out that I'm pregnant. Therefore, I do not wish to let my boss/ company to know at this moment to be reflected in the health report. Is there any advise or ways to do it?
- 2016-12-28Hi mummies, is cord stem cells necessary? Or just cord blood will be good enough? If I would to buy both, the cost is quite substantial.
- 2016-12-28I just went for maternity tour at mount E novena hospital. The rooms look cosy and posh, but I am concerned about the support from nurses or midwifes.Are they well trained? I am deciding between this hospital and Thomson Medical centre for delivery.
- 2016-12-28Hi wanna ask, is it true that dragon fruit will cause LO to poop more times a day ?
- 2016-12-28Can infants eat fish maw (花胶？How old do they need to be to safely eat fish maw? Thanks!
- 2016-12-28Can someone share food recipe for a 10 month old. Breakfast, lunch n dinner. Thank u
- 2016-12-28I just bath my LO and when I am done one of my hand I support his neck and another hand I try to pull my towel which is place over my shoulder.. then my LO sudden want to sit up and kicks the tub and he went facing down the water I quickly flip him over and he kick again and flip back down again. He immediately start crying very loudly and swallow abit of bathing water. He start to cough out the water and vomit abit of milk. I am so worry that I try to pat him and hope he can get the water out.
After all the crying and coughing. He is now asleep but still worried that will anything happen to him. Any mummies encounter this before? What should I look for if he is not okay?
My LO is 2 months plus.
- 2016-12-28Besides salmon, what are some local fish I can feed my baby?
- 2016-12-28Any mummies with toddler and a big tummy hand wash your undies and toddler clothes?
- 2016-12-28Juz wonder if anyone is keen if there is Phonics class at Bukit Panjang?
- 2016-12-28Hi mummies, any double boiled brand of pot to recommend? Reasonably priced and are durable
- 2016-12-28Hi my 2 yrs old just hit the disease of hfmd. Beside the doc gave med, giving porridge and stay at home is there anything that can advise for this virus? The doc is giving her one week rest to stay at home.
- 2016-12-28Thinking of feeding my 10 month old baby an infant multi vitamin. she's on solids and bm but she refuses all cereals. so I'm worried about her iron intake. the multi vitamin has iron in it. Is this ok? (this will greatly reduce the stress I put on myself over her iron intake. haha.)
- 2016-12-29After giving 1 wedge of dragon fruit to my 14 months old, he had 5x diarrhea yesterday .. I fed him lactofort last night. This morning he poo 2x .. not so watery anymore .. like mashy kind of texture .. fed him one dose of lactofort ..praying hard no more diarrhea .. not sure if it is becos can't feed too much dragon fruit at into sitting or I did not steam the fruit or he is allergic to dragon fruit :( anybody encounter the same thing?
- 2016-12-29Has anyone engaged a confinement lady from "Confinement Angels"? Any reviews?
- 2016-12-29Hi mummy. Planning to do 1 yr old birthday party for my lo. Looking at 3D cake. Any contacts/recommendation
- 2016-12-29Hi all, I was diagnosed with GDM in my 28th week. My fasting OGTT was normal at 4.2 but my reading after 2 hours was 8.0 which was slightly higher than normal range. I went back for check up and needed to do the home test. Today is my first time and my reading was lower than the target. Pre meal target 4.4-5.5 and mine was around 4.1-4.2. But post meal target 5.5-6.6 but mine was around 4.8-4.9. I was confused. Is this normal? I was not feeling hungry after the meal and I had snacks between the meal after post test.
- 2016-12-29My 20 months old girl just started her preschool. She kept falling sick every other week. Any tips to minimize the chance of her falling sick?
- 2016-12-29Mummies who went thru scheduled csect at kkh, do they allow our husband in to watch the process?
Is it true they will bottle feed baby first?
- 2016-12-29My 10 month old baby has been having flu for 2 months. Runny nose n coughing with phlegm. Took med for 2 months but doesn't seem to work. Turning to tcm. Is it ok to give pearl powder to reduce phlegm?
- 2016-12-29My MIL treats my SIL's son like a GEM. Everything is about him. My other SIL also feel that her own mum is biased. Every time we have family gathering, with all the grandchildren around, the boy gets special attention. Even though she say she is shifting in with us (we have a room well furnished for her), but she only sleepover for 1-2nights/week. Most of the time she sleep at my SIL place with the GEM. I feel that the room for her in my house is 'under-utilised'. I could have converted it into a playroom for my kids. And sometimes when she comes over, she brought the GEM to sleepover too. I don't feel good, kinda feel privacy intruded.
Am I normal to feel this way?
- 2016-12-29Hi, does any mummy continue to breastfeed without pumping at work? How do you keep up with the supply especially during weekends and how old is your kid when you stopped pumping at work? My kid is 2+.
- 2016-12-29If newborn baby poo is it a must to be a lot or little poo small amount? My newborn baby is 1 week already. Does not latch more that's why baby didn't poo a lot? I had check with the doc he say is ok as long as he poo.
- 2016-12-30Mummies with baby boy, what do you let then wear for cny? Still got no idea what to get for my baby boy. Mind sharing?
- 2016-12-30Any recommendations for bigger diapers for big toddlers? My 2 yr 8 months boy is about 90cm height and weighs about 14 kgs now. I'm using xxl goon diapers but seems to be leaking more than normal and I reckon is due to the diaper being small.
- 2016-12-30How do we prepare porridge for a 9 month old? No teeth yet.
Do we use the normal grains that we use to cook rice /porridge for ourselves? Or do we need to buy anything fanciful off the shelves meant for babies only? Do we need to puree porridge or sieve it etc? Gluey or watery? Anyone mixes brown rice grains into the porridge? Any brand in particular? Thanks!
- 2016-12-30Today when I brought my 9 month old to polyclinic for the 9 month assessment, nurse asked me to introduce egg yolk to my lo now. How do you parents out there intro yolk to baby? hard boiled egg yolk is v dry n powdery...what is ur suggestion and recommendation? Thanks.
- 2016-12-30Hi mummies, anyone of you like me, experiencing Super low sex drive after giving birth. I'm guessing it got to do with the baby. I'm not interested in sex by the end of the day. Sometimes Husband never help out with the baby also making me pissed off already.
- 2016-12-30Hey parents, when we say "spinach", which type are we referring to, for weaning/introducing solids? 1) 菠菜? 2) heng chye? 3) or the salad type of spinach? or all 3 types also suitable? thanks!
- 2016-12-30Hi mummies, i saw that parallel import products sell much much cheaper than non parallel import products. What is your view on buying parallel
Import products such as breast pumps or baby ear thermometer? Are the materials used genuine?
- 2016-12-30How much ang bao would your give fil's mistress? She told husband "please inform ur wife that she needs to give angbao to me too since u two are married" ???
Ps: she isint a nice lady
Im married for 3 yrs and had my first kid last yr but she didnt give me angbao during dating neither did she give angbao to my child during cny. And she is legally NOT my mil!!!
- 2016-12-30My lo is going to infant care and keep falling sick. May i know of ways to boost her immunity? Can i feed her elderberries? I have the dried organic ones at home can i make into syrup or just put into hot water? How abt those ready made syrup like in pic? My lo is 10mo
- 2016-12-30Has any mummies tried the superfood as an milk booster? If yes, can share the result? TiA
- 2016-12-30Wish to offer bread to my 10 month old lo..so far she has only taken rice biscuit as snack. No other chunky good that requires chewing. Now is the time to introduce. May I know which kind of bread should I get that has no preservatives and which other kind of food can i introduce? Can I let him eat banana as is? How about apples without steaming?
- 2016-12-31Hi mummies . My baby keep wailing the moment I carry him in a feeding position. Past few days Whole day nv really drink..very worrying..why liddat?:( he has loss quite a bit of weight. He's just turned 4mths. Is it sleep regression? Feel so sad that he loss weight..and hubby keep saying to feed formula formula formula I'm so upset. I'm DL him.
- 2016-12-31Mummies, yaolan or baby rocker is better? My lo is 2 months plus. Having hard time falling asleep or taking nap. Probably due to colic.
- 2016-12-31To bless..
Diaper is not suitable for my LO. Any mummies who don't mind that diaper is opened can Pm me for it. There's more than half packet left. Only used about 13 pieces. Self collection at Bukit Timah area. Tks!