Hi mummies . My baby keep wailing the moment I carry him in a feeding position. Past few days Whole day nv really drink..very worrying..why liddat?:( he has loss quite a bit of weight. He's just turned 4mths. Is it sleep regression? Feel so sad that he loss weight..and hubby keep saying to feed formula formula formula I'm so upset. I'm DL him.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sleep regression does not cause feeding issues like the ones u describe. But it could be a growth spurt or teething phase where they are more fussy and if teething gums can be sore so feeding is a chor. I mix feed but mostly bottle by 4 months. My boy was also like that but that time he got hfmd - we didn't even know - caz of fever then go kk then the doctor check n saw ulcers in mouth. Maybe u want to check his mouth? Sometimes there maybe ulcers but no spots on body for herpes or other viral infection. My boy also like that these few days. Allow 3 days or so, if still feeding no good then bring go doctor. Formula or DL will not change the situation. Maybe u also wana use a toy or something to distract and let him play while u latch him?

Read more

High chance the start of teething thus he does not want to feed. Continue observing to see if there are more changes. Meanwhile, if it gets worse please take him to the doctors.

Maybe try a different position? You cradle him to latch? Try to get him lie tummy time on your belly. then latch. U lie about 45deg. Maybe he couldnt handle the letdown?

7y ago

tried all positions. even having him sit down. no use:(

VIP Member

does he cry all feeding session during the day? Or only night time?

7y ago

mostly day time. dream feed still ok but also will cry sometimes.:(