How do mummies cope if your husband works 12 hr shift work and 1 kid going childcare near home. But office is far from home. thanks.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also had this problem and agreed to create a kindergarten in the office of the company where I work. Employees have 6 children of preschool age, and a nanny was hired for them. We bring food with us. Next to the office there is a park where children walk. Thanks to this, I can work and be close to the child. Try to organize something similar.

Read more

Same problem for me. Put the kid in childcare near parents home and meanwhile try to find a childcare near your office of possible. Otherwise may have to try to reach back to pick up kid On time and if have to work late call parents to help pick up. Or is getting a maid an option??

VIP Member

Calculate the journey from office to childcare. From there you manage your own time. If possible, try to discuss with your boss if you are able to leave at 6pm (lets say you will need 1hr to travel back) So you can pick ur kid up by 7pm. Childcare timming are usually 7am-7pm.

Read more
7y ago

work place travelling time need 75 mins. I cannot go work earlier so hard to end earlier.

If you have no one to help you pick up your child after hours, then maybe you can consider switching your child to a CC closer to your workplace? Otherwise get help from other family members :)

1) find a CC near office? 2) change job to near home 3) seek help from other family members/ nice Neighbours to help fetch the child home?

Any possibility of looking for a job nearer or maybe changing outlets?

7y ago

trying to find but not much jobs tt I looking for nearby

Is there any possibility of childcare near office?