Wish to offer bread to my 10 month old lo..so far she has only taken rice biscuit as snack. No other chunky good that requires chewing. Now is the time to introduce. May I know which kind of bread should I get that has no preservatives and which other kind of food can i introduce? Can I let him eat banana as is? How about apples without steaming?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My little one is 10 mth old. N has already taken egg white. U might want to read up on early introduction on highly allergenic food. As in the recent years, researches have shown that early introduction prevents allergies ... do ur lO has any teeth? Banana avocadoes, plums,nectarine, peach are all ok to give as it is.. I just realised my LO can bite off from a whole Apple. He has 2 bottom n 2 TOP teeth which are half way out

Read more

How about getting a bread maker and making your own bread? I tend to give just plain white bread as I am not sure if wholemeal bread is easily digestible and is it high allergic food or not. You can give banana as it is and for apples since he is already 10mo I feel no need to steam but Depends on individual. I also let my gal eat fruits like blueberry , papaya, cherry.

Read more

Hi there. First of all, I will NOT suggest u give bread as it contains eggs - meaning egg white - which shld only intro after 1 yo. But of course if u want u can take the risk and give - some babies ok some babies will have reaction after a few times. Banana and avocado as it is Apple and pear etc all still need some steaming as it is still quite hard

Read more
7y ago

thanks!! noted!!

Yes you can give apples and bananas without steaming. They will gnaw on it. I have given white Brean and wholemeal bread to my 9months old. He eats everything I eat...

VIP Member

Yes! you can give banana as it Apple i would steam it as lo is only 10mo. Bread initially i give white bread as it's soft

Read more