Hi mummies I just came back from poly for some injection for my girl however her head circumference, weight drop to 50 percentile. She's 5 months old birth weight was 4.6 kg today was 6.4kg. Should I be worried? She will always regurgitate after her milk sometimes could be a lot taking in 160ml 3 hourly..

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends on how active your LO is. As baby grows up, weight tends to increase at a slower rate or sometimes stays stagnant. This is partly due to the fact that baby is becoming more active. Has your LO recently fallen ill? Baby's weight can drop if recovering from illness. Else if your LO is eating, peeing and poo-ing fine and is active, I don't see a cause for worry unless there is a sudden sharp drop in weight.

Read more

Continue to monitor. If her weight and measurements are within the range it should be fine if the PD did not mention anything too. Sometimes their weight fluctuate a lot . She seems to be proportionate though as all her measurements drop to 50percentile? Maybe she is just a medium sized baby?

VIP Member

is the doctor or nurses concerned with her growth? From birth weight till now that is weight increase. you shouldn't worry about it. As long she is drinking well. Some babies just belong to the smaller range (:

Read more
7y ago

Thanks for yr prompt reply mummy. Not a concern to them.they said it's fine.im okay with it but just worried. How much shd they their weight increase by weekly,monthly?

Hey dear, hope all is well with your bub. There is no by right how much to increase. It all depends. I would go for the follow ups regularly and seek advise there.