I'd like to understand how you handle a helper who has been losing your things. Mine has been losing kitchenware, my clothes and even our queen sized bedsheet. Been telling her to be careful, but it still happens. She's with us for more than 1 year. From my observation, I think either she's born to be careless, or she knows she lost them and she doesn't care until we (her employers) find out. Grateful for some guidance because I'm a first time employer, thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry how does she lose them? Like the laundry drop downstairs or accidentally throw away the kitchenware? I will be very vigilant to check if she stole these items if I were you. I have heard many cases of maid stealing things. They have a stash of such items somewhere

7y ago

Well if u have seen her throw the things away accidentally she may really be forgetful. But I will be concerned to retain such a helper as one day she may throw something away. My friends secretly rummage their helper's things to check. Some install camera to track. I know it sounds mean but for the safety of the family ..

Explained to her clearly that your patiences has run out. Call up your agent and get agent to talk to her and explained to agent such money loss is uncalled for and you have plans to get her to pay for them. Hopefully this scare tactics helps.

VIP Member

For mine, we would give warning 1-2 times. the 3rd time i would say, lost again? You go buy a new one for me with ur own salary

Read more

If it has been multiple times, I'll deduct her pay. Lol. I mean she has been with you for a year and this whole year losing stuffs?

7y ago

Yes, for real. Very carelessly throwing things away without checking, and also spoiling things too. Is it really ok to deduct her pay, or just scare her? I was informed that from the SP FDW employer's course, we should never deduct her pay for any mistake.