Is it a must to bath herbal water during confinement especially in the first 2 weeks? I bathed with herbal water with my first confinement but everytime i end up very sticky which make me feel disgusted and no mood + CL not letting me bath normal and letting me hold my baby even for 5mins. Argh! On a side note, for those who had CL does she let u hold the baby everytime? (Excluding breastfeed)

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I did bathe with herbal water (those confinement bath packs) throughout the entire confinement, and yes it wasn't a pleasant experience but I think it helped with keeping wind away from me. However, one "side effect" is that I'm now unable to sleep without my blanket in aircon room from force of habit :/ Having said that, most confinement practices are passed down from many generations ago where living conditions were really bad - most of these no longer apply to modern day life, so it's up to you and your family on how much you want to follow those traditions!

Read more

First wk I only herbal bath. Somewhere in the second wk I cannot stand it anymore and I just bath everyday at night, wash hair most days, some days in the afternoon I will also herbal bath. I am the kind that on the usual day, don't bath for a day will be quite upset so I was v v upset and frustrated so I just bath whenever I want. I always only bath hot water. I got carry baby a little here and there caz baby is always "stuck" in CL's room and she is always watching some video or sleeping inside in the day - damn frustrating

Read more

Yueh Ru, many mental illness have similar symptoms. It does not mean you have depression. It is in fact very difficult to diagnose someone. If you are truly suffering from depression, medication and therapy maybe required. Depression has many levels of severity. Moreover, on the whole everyone has depression at some point or another.

Read more
7y ago

perhaps i may be too overwhelmed by the changes in my life which causes me to feel that way..🤔

Yes Yueh Ru, remember this, good times come and go, bad times come and go as well. Let it come, let it be then let it go. Allow yourself to let it come, stay in that feeling be it good or bad then let it go...

Some people boil water with ginger and lemongrass, those overseas don't even use herbs, and will shower as per normal. As for holding baby, my CL was ok. But most of the time my baby was sleeping anyway.

I never had any of these. I just Showered normally. And not too sure about your confinement lady, however I would bond with my nb if I can. And at other times rest as much as I could. Need a balance.

7y ago

1 day i only hold my baby not more than 30mins 😟😔 then i developed depression after CL left becos i dont understand wat my baby needs given the amount of time spend with baby each day during confinement period..

VIP Member

I didn't bathe with any herbal stuffs as i would itch badly after that. I just bathe with hot water and dry myself well before leaving the toilet. Maybe your CL just wanted you to rest well

7y ago

i see. ok thanks! guess i will go for ur style ☺

My confinement lady did not use herbs. She boiled water with lemongrass which is good for expelling wind and it smells so much better!

Yueh Ru, were you diagnosed with depression? I am in the field and have experience on such matters pertaining to mental health.

7y ago

i was not diagnosed by doc but i searched about it the symptoms im having are mostly leading to depression. i got help from family when baby is 2 months old and from then i slowly healed. now im fine ☺