My boy 2 months plus have colic and I want to buy a baby carrier so I can bring him out to nearby shopping center without putting him in a stroller to cause him too much stress. And reduce the colic if I am outside with him. But should I buy a sling or a carrier? Is ergobaby airy 360 good? Because is quite expensive so I want to know if it is worth the investment. Can mummies recommend me any good carrier? Tula is good but is more expensive than ergobaby :(

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will go for a Carrier. A sling is only good when they are newborns I feel. As they grow older slings are less comfortable . I personally use Lillebaby carrier. Ergobaby 360 was one of my choices at first too but I recalled you need an infant insert when their neck is still not stable? I feel infant inserts make babies very hot and is additional cost. Lillebaby can be used for babies since birth without infant insert and it also allows for front facing position. You can check it out. The prices are less steep too

Read more

Ergo 360 and Tula both need the separate infant insert which may be warm for baby and troublesome to use. I prefer soft structured carriers that don't need infant insert when I am out alone with my baby. Kokadi Flip, Emeibaby, Kinderpack Koolnit, Lillebaby and Ergo Adapt are some of them. There's a babywearing workshop coming up on 8 Jan that you may want to check out: https://www.facebook.com/WarabeeHS/posts/1819776621598161

Read more

Emeibaby or kokadi don't need infant insert too. So it's not warm. u can choose a wrap conversion and it's so soft and comfortable :) Actually choosing a carrier really depends on what u want. And if baby is comfy in it. I suggest u drop by shops that can try out carriers like Baby Sling and Carriers before buying one

Read more

You can use ring slings, woven wraps or SSCs. You are right, with babywearing, it helps to calm your baby down especially colicky babies. Let me know if you need help or want to try out carriers before purchasing.

I use the baba sling as well as a baby bjorn. I also have a sukiri sling and I love it. I have had my baba sling since my boy was a newborn and now he is 3 years old. He does not sweat in it.

VIP Member

I would recommend a maduca carrier. It comes with an infant insert. It's very durable too. I have been using one for 4 years and counting.

Read more
7y ago

did your LO sweat after using it?