theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for November 2016
- 2016-11-07Morning mummies, recently my boy tends to vomit easily. No fever, flu or cough just throw up but still actively playing around. Any recommendation or how to improve their immunity? Thanks
- 2016-11-07Hello! I'm thinking of sending my daughter for enrichment, she's Super active, we tried heguru for almost 3 terms but she just couldn't pay attention to it... we switched to happy train for a few terms and same thing happened.. she's always the only kid moving around fidgeting non stop ?.. do u all have any other suggestion what is good for a 3 year old? Thanks in advance!
- 2016-11-07hi mommies, any center to recommend for 18MO Playgroup at punggol? I'm new mom & just moved to punggol. TIA ;)
- 2016-11-07Any mummies has taken lecithin ? Can i have your feedback? TIA
- 2016-11-07hello! I'm deciding between ear thermometer and infrared one. which is better?
- 2016-11-07Anyone know what's this?? Appear on my leg, sometimes itchy...
- 2016-11-07I'm 5 days post partum, is 25ml for first pump expression considered low supply??
- 2016-11-07Hi, my baby is starting solids , may I check in terms of purée , what can be frozen and what can't be frozen ?
- 2016-11-07would any mummies be kind enough to share if mmi prepare the kids well for p1?thank u;) and also any feedback on kovan mmi?
- 2016-11-07I have applied for a 3 Gen flat under parent-child scheme, must my parents sell their existing flat in order for me to get the 3 Gen flat?
I heard that 3 Gen flat cannot sublet out. I know cannot rent out new BTO for the first 5 years but subsequently can sublet?
- 2016-11-07mummies.... any remedies for reoccurance mircoplasma bronchitis?
Kids are admitted 2nd time.....
- 2016-11-07Hi mummies, please share your experience with me. Currently am 7 weeks pregnant with #2, will be taking folic acid till week 12 then doc prescribed me obimin & fish oil and stop folic acid. With my #1, i didn't even take these 2 because of the smells and i can't swallow big pills, folic acid i can. Thinking back of those pills makes me wanna vomit. Most of u will say it's a must to take. But I just can't take it. Is there any alternatives for these 2 pills? I heard of fish oil gummies. Do they have it in Singapore? How does it taste like? TIA!
- 2016-11-07Is female circumcision still common? I don't know whether to circumcise my baby girl. I know that it is just a nick (much less invasive than male circumcision) instead of the drastic examples outside of SG.
- 2016-11-08How do you encourage a gg to 3yo into reading?
What type of books to start with?
- 2016-11-08My 9 month LO still taking puree food now. Anything coarser like porridge, she will cough and vomit everything. How should i do to improve her eating habits?
- 2016-11-09Can any new mummies recommend a good jamu massage lady?
- 2016-11-09I am looking for a fun and engaging teakwando class as well as dance/movement class for my 3.5yo boy. Any recommendations?
- 2016-11-09My girl's left eye has been tearing since she woke up this morning. Should it be a source of concern?
- 2016-11-09Hi Mummies & Daddies,
My bb started weaning since 6 months. He is now on porridge.
Last week, he had carrot porridge. When he pooped, his stool contained undigested carrots. Same for sweet potato. . .
Is it normal? Should I consult the paediatrician?
- 2016-11-09How long does your kid takes to adapt to school? I just sent my kid to playgroup. The teacher commented that she was crying and needed to be carried all time. She refused to eat as well. I am feeling kinda of worried whether she could adapt to her school soon.
- 2016-11-09Mummies, at what age do you let your lo use normal bolster instead of those beanspruts pillow or bolster?
- 2016-11-09My 1 yo doesnt take porridge well. Used to puree porridge and veges for her but that was when she is 5mo+. Back then she can eat a whole bowl of it. But now she only take few teaspoon and doesnt want anymore and she will vomit out everyth. Very stressful everyday. Most of the time i just give her milk. She takes puffs and biscuits well but not porridge. Other than these 2 she wont eat anyth. Tried rice and noodles too but nth works. She has 8 teeths and more coming in. Her poop seldom have solids in it. 80% of the time its watery.
- 2016-11-09Is it safe for breastfeed mom to do eyebrow embroidery??
- 2016-11-09Which formula milk will help baby to put on weight?cos my daughter rather small size.. birth weight 2.85kg now at 5mths,5.6kg currently on bm,plan to mix feed after 6mths.
- 2016-11-09My 2.5 yrs old still drools and rather excessively. Has to change his t-shirt almost every 2-3 hrs He has started speaking in full sentences and singing nudsery rhymes. Eats and drinks reasonably well. Our PD and a TCM practitioner said he's fine and that some kids are like that but i still worry. Perhaps I'm being paranoid but wonder if anyone has had or encountered similar experience. TIA!
- 2016-11-09How do know of your baby has been overfed? My 10 month old boy eat porridge twice a day, and drink abt 800-900ml of bm per day.. Is this too much?
Mil can feed him porridge af 530pm, a btl of milk at 730pm another at 830pm he is drinking 130ml per feed..but the thg is during weekend whn i am with him, he only drink about 550-600ml of milk and having same qty of porridge
Mil feed him milk when he start to get cranky, i suspect he needed some comfort to slp rather then drinking of milk. Am reluctant is offer pacifier to him now.. any advise wat else can i do to know if he is overfeed? or wat can i do to soothe him to slp rather than feed him milk?
- 2016-11-09What should I do? I just started weaning my baby at 6.5 months with cereals and veggie/fruit puree... she opens her mouth to accept the food but upon tasting it, she blows it out or let the food drip out like her saliva. She is 7.5 month now and I have yet to successfully feed her a few spoonful with her not spitting out seconds later. She enjoys her milk very well though. Pls share with me your advice/tips. Tks.
- 2016-11-09Hi Mummies,
Is there any way to prevent white hair from growing?
I have plenty of white hair which hide between black hair.
- 2016-11-09hi, is it advisable to give my 6 months plus baby some cheese for BLW? if okay, what kind of cheese?
- 2016-11-09Hi just to ask. If my Husband wants a divorce without any reason. Will I get both kids (few months and 2 years old) ?
- 2016-11-10Mummies, currently have 3 kids and now preggy. Currently working and next year i will be resign my job.due to some reason want to leave the my company. Now i thinking should i find job or stay at home look after kids? I want to hire maid when i look for job but my mom told me that maid cant handle 3kids and 1newborn. If i hire maid and my mom help to take care worry she will find problem with the maid.
- 2016-11-10how early into the pregnancy should we schedule a visit to the gynae?
- 2016-11-10anyone currently with Dr Wee Horng Yen?
- 2016-11-10How much expressed breastmilk does a 3 month old usually consume per feeding? Mine has been taking 100ml per feeding since 2 months old. Wondering if that's okay.
- 2016-11-10I am at my 3rd week of postnatal and I don't know if I am being sensitive or not. I have 2 sil and I saw the msg she give to me hubby asking is there any latest picture of my LO. So my hubby send them in the group chat. And the reply was "wah he look like me". Both sil reply that and I feel unhappy and sad. Like wth I give birth then the baby look like my sil? I told my hubby about it. He say they just comment and laugh it off and ask me to take it easy. Both of my sil is single and I am sure they will keep on being so irritating.
- 2016-11-10Every time of a day my LO wills seem extremely hungry no matter how many time I latch him or give formula. After he finish drinking he will then vomit all the milk and then ask for more milk if nv give him he will cry and can last for hours. I am drained when he always do that. Anyone encounter this ? My LO is going to 3 weeks and this already lasted for 1 week.
- 2016-11-10What will you offer for your 10MO baby to eat?
Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Ideas pls!
- 2016-11-10It's the mega 11.11 sale tonight, can share what u are going to buy?
- 2016-11-10Any mommies who experience a cooling sensation on their backs after epidural? 1 week post partum and the feeling is still there.
- 2016-11-10When should I give water to my child who is coming in Jan??? Plz share your opinion
- 2016-11-10My 3 year old Daughter is still not sleeping through the night! I do not know how to make her sleep through, since birth she has only slept through less than 5 times.. I'm not sure izit becoz she's still latching on to me at this age, so she tends to wake up to search for me and latch on.. it's so tiring...
I've tried many ways, lessen stimulation, gave her bottle milk, using essential oil, etc etc.. but she still wake up at least twice ?
- 2016-11-10Wana ask is it a must finish k2? Thanks
- 2016-11-10My question is my due date is in Jan 17. When should I start giving water to my baby??
Sorry for the confusion
- 2016-11-10What will you do if your family members use paper to pat on your lo's head?
- 2016-11-10Selling handmade dino tails. Please leave a msg if interested. pics under comments.
- 2016-11-10Do mummies carry your #1 when you are pregnant with #2?
- 2016-11-10Do mummies carry your #1 when you are pregnant with #2?
- 2016-11-10Any breastfeeding mummies can share your story? Especially direct latch ur baby. How you stop breastfeeding? When? What milk for baby after bm? Thanks :)
- 2016-11-10Anyone eat fast food during last week of confinement?
- 2016-11-11I am now in my second trimester. encountered red scratches at my hip areas (upper part of my thighs) on each side. Is this normal and caused by stretch marks? Can I apply anything or just let it heal on its own?
- 2016-11-11To all mommies! I have burning questions to ask. Which is most important when hiring confinement Lady? The confinement food that the CL prepares or whether she can assist me in BF?
- 2016-11-11My #2 will be due in jan and my #1 will be 13mths then.
Bcos of the very close age gaps and both are same gender, im handing down items frm #1 to #2.
At 31 wks today, i am still lost abt what i need to prepare/get (new stuff) for #2 since we have everything including newborn feeding set (gift fr #1). Since there's a babyfair coming up, thought it'll be gd to just buy things there.
What do u mummies with 2 babies with such close age gap prepare for the newborn?
- 2016-11-11Is it ok for my 5 mths old baby to cry through the night? I want to sleep train him. He has been waking up more than 10 times just to suckle at my breasts. I am very very tired. The next day he woke up still yawning. Obviously he did not get quality sleep.
- 2016-11-11would you recommend hay dairies goat milk or Karihome? Any different? Which one is more nutrition?
- 2016-11-11Thinking to switch bm to formula/fresh goat milk. My LO is 1year old now. Any nutrition from goat milk is lack of compare with breastmilk? What supplement/food should I give her more after switching to goat milk?
- 2016-11-11How to encourage my LO to start walking? She can walk supported but when i hold 1 side of her hand, she cant walk that well and tends to fall one side and then she will cry and be scared of walking. She is scared of the floor becos we seldom put her on the floor and crawl. Most of the time she is on soft surfaces. She always pull herself into standing position and just stand there till she fall back to sitting position. How do i encourage her to take mini steps? She is 1yo btw.
- 2016-11-11Can babies eat pomfret?
- 2016-11-11Who thinks suggesting for play date's is a good idea for parent town? Thinking out loud, to benefit both mom and lo.
- 2016-11-11hey all, just wondering. is it possible to tailor two zips on my dress and shirts? because I'm low on funds..
- 2016-11-11Any suggestions to encourage my 1 year old to start walking ? He is like so comfortable crawling around and cruising too. But haven't seen him attempting to stand without holding on to something or attempting to walk
- 2016-11-11Any mummies gave birth at KK recently?
Whats the bill size like? And what is given and provided?
- 2016-11-11I'm facing some finance difficulties. My husband lost his job after his injury.
I'm the only one working and supporting here and there.. Including his daughter from previous marriage. I havent had the chance to buy anything for myself and the baby that is coming in Jan.
I have wipe up my savings and salary. I skipped one of my appointment. And have been owning Kk some bills. My next appt is Tuesday, and i know i wont have enough to pay. Can i still ask them send me the bill.... What should i do...
Im so upset and depressed.
- 2016-11-12Hi! Looking for a year-end holiday program but unsure where to start? Here's the ultimate guide - hope parent towners will find it useful! ?
- 2016-11-12I m intend to make handmade straw flowers n roses. Do u knw wer can i buy???
- 2016-11-12My LO is coming to 8 weeks. Have tried giving gripe water for 3 times, 30mins after her feed and burp. The first 2 times, she didnt vomit her milk and accept it. The 3rd time, she vomit out 10 to 15ml of sticky white milk. Anyone know what the sticky white milk is? By vomiting out the sticky stuff, does it mean she is feeling better or worse off than before?
- 2016-11-12If i cook 1 teasppon of rice to make porridge. How many pcs of ikan bilis i need to make the stock?? I also got add veg n chicken too
- 2016-11-12Lunch i cook porridge for my 8month old lo. I add organic rice, carrot, spinach n chick. She eat all. Just 10 min ago, she poo, when i see her poo. I can see a dit of her carrots n spinach like string. Is that normal. Please advice.
- 2016-11-12Is it true that if you blend the porridge baby will have wind in the stomach??
- 2016-11-12Anyone of you been to Kenqo. Whats the operating hour?
- 2016-11-12Selling new pre walker shoes for 12mths old, insole 13cm
$10 each with free postage.
Other designs for girl available at my FB page - FB.com/likeminime
- 2016-11-12BN karihome milk for 3 yr old up. $40, collect Bedok res rd or raffles plc or by delivery.
Free half open tin too! So u get 1 and a half tin for $40
- 2016-11-12Hi mommies,is there any heat rashes cream or herbal bath to recommend as I'm currently using eu yang sang baby herbal bathe it seems to work but must bath alot of time n I even used doctor cream on my boy after shower but it don't seems to work effectively once he recover I stop using both item then it come back again really feel very trouble over his rashes but can't seems to find anything that works for him???
- 2016-11-12~ Children Bag ~
• Available in HelloKitty & Doraemon Design
• $8.90 Inclusive of Postage
* Photos in comment *