Hi Mummies & Daddies, My bb started weaning since 6 months. He is now on porridge. Last week, he had carrot porridge. When he pooped, his stool contained undigested carrots. Same for sweet potato. . . Is it normal? Should I consult the paediatrician? Thank you!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Yes, it is normal. I think what you can do is either you grate the veggies that you are putting or grind them completely. AT this age the digestive system of the baby is not mature enough to digest many foods. So, it would be better if you nicely mash and mince his food. It also cuts down the risk of choking.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks ☺ I started doing so today!

When u try red dragon fruit, the poop will turn red. I thought my baby was bleeding at first. As for Enoki mushroom aka "see u tomorrow" i had to manually use my fingers to dig out as the whole strand was stuck in between my three years old sh*t hole.

8y ago

Oh dear! I am thinking of giving him mushrooms 😕

VIP Member

Usually i will steam carrot n potato. I will then blend it like mashy. Later i mix with plain porridge. More nutritions where i dont prefer to over cook or cook longer

8y ago

Thanks ☺ I will take note!

VIP Member

It's perfectly normal. Excess carrots and potatos will be expelled out by the body. You can try cutting down on the carrot during the cooking

It's normal. Don't worry. Their digestive system still not so mature like us adults. Hahaha. Jia you!

8y ago

Thanks ☺ 加油!

Yes i agree with the moms above, steam and puree it. Baby disgestive system is not mature yet. :)

8y ago

Thanks ☺ I started today. . .

Yes it is normal. Corn kernels is another one which is difficult to digest for them

8y ago

Thanks ☺ I will take note!