My girl's left eye has been tearing since she woke up this morning. Should it be a source of concern?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I suggest you see a doctor as one can advise online about cold and mild coughs but not about a problem in the eye. Keep checking her if she is feeling irritation in her eye and trying to touch her ye or crying. These are the signs that she is having a problem and it needs to be addressed. Eye is a very sensitive part of the body and one can not and should not do anything unless one is sure about what is happening or one is a doctor himself. And do not worry, sometimes it is normal inflammation or can be a blocked tear duct that is a common thing in babies but in either case, you must see a doctor.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for your advise. My girl kept rubbing her eye today. Will bring her to the doctor tmr.

Hey dear, besides the tearing. Anything else, such as redness or swell? If its just normal tearing nothing to worry about. My lo had it too very often. I checked with pd and was told not to worry about it.

8y ago

hi, it's just tearing. No redness or swelling. You the doctor at polyclinic also told me its not serious and nth to worry about.

VIP Member

There could be an block tear duct. Massage the inner eye corner. It helps to open up the tear duct