Mummies, at what age do you let your lo use normal bolster instead of those beanspruts pillow or bolster?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, My daughter is six and she still doesn't use any pillow or bolster. I always was little reluctant to use pillow for her because I had read that when a toddler sleeps on a pillow, he is at a higher risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). I think one should not use pillow for the baby until he/she is over one year old.

Read more
8y ago

Ok thanks mummy

Quite young, a few months? I had both types. The function is apparently to mimic a hand over them (comfort) Although he never really used them.. put a bolster for his legs to hug and in the middle of the night, they will be on separate ends. But strangely, he loves bolsters now and has 7 soft toys.

Read more

Since infant, my girl didn't liked to use any beansprouts pillow. She always toss it Away. When she is about 10 months old I gave her a bolster and upgraded to a bigger size at 3 years old. Sometimes, she (3.5years old) she will snatch mine to use.

8y ago

I upgraded the size too according to his age!

My lo never liked the beanie. So i never gave anything. Each time. I gave him he would toss it aside. Till he was about a year old, he started to hug his soft toy. Its a preference i would say.

8y ago

Hahahha... Ya its a preference. It all differs greatly. No baby is the alike. :)

I started using since he was very young like 3months old but he doesn't really slp on them he likes to hug them (both bolster n pillow) to slp

8y ago

Oh I see. Thanks.