Is it true that if you blend the porridge baby will have wind in the stomach??

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not too sure about that but there is such belief going on. The idea is that the stirring action traps the air molecules in - especially if u use higher speed (u can see his if u ty to blend a smoothie with it). But this said, everytime we stir stuff it also does have air trap. So i think its ok? I have been using handbleder to blend stiff but all is good thus far. Use low speed and let it settle s while before feeding

Read more

Hmm I didn't know of this. But old people always tell me if a baby is having diarrhea or stomach upset don't give porridge. If blending porridge causes wind then won't blending any type of food causes wind too? Anyway for me I only grind the meat , the veggies and porridge I don't blend at all. I will cook until very soft and mash them

Read more

Never heard of this before. Interesting though. I have only heard of food like broccoli, cabbage and other type of food which may cause an increase in wind.

You can try blending the rice before cooking instead of blending the porridge. It helps to reduce cooking time.

I dun blend porridge at all. How old is ur lo? U will be surprise if bb can take chunkier food already

I don't blend porridge, porridge is meant to be smooth as it is. No blending is required.

i blend my porridge all the time to achieve that smooth gooey texture

VIP Member

Not true. Baby can even drink cold milk without any problems.

VIP Member

I heard is if eat when the porridge is cold

TapFluencer

I did that and all ok with my baby.