Morning mummies, recently my boy tends to vomit easily. No fever, flu or cough just throw up but still actively playing around. Any recommendation or how to improve their immunity? Thanks

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How long has this been going on? How soon after a meal was he playing around? My kid tends to vomit if he had too much to eat then runs about (it stopped after I lessen his intake per meal and fed him a bit more frequently - healthy snacks etc.) Immunity: I give vitamin C supplements and a bit of manual honey to my son and it greatly improved his immune system (as well as buffer symptoms when he’s having cough/ cold) Here’s a link on manuka honey benefits for kids: http://www.parentinghealthybabies.com/health-benefits-of-manuka-honey-for-kids-and-nursing-mothers/ If you are worried that it could be something else like a stomach virus despite your kid being able to run around (some kids still can play when they’re sick), do monitor his vomit patterns and go to the doc. All the best Jocelyn!

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for the link! Yes, I have been giving him Manuka honey every weekend. Previously he was alright, seldom fall sick. Only recently I realise he throw up quite frequent. For the past 2 weeks, he threw up once a week. Thanks for the advice, Will try to lessen his food intake to see if it works.

Hi, I think once a week is not that much of a concern and more likely can be tweaked by activities or food changes. Children even up to primary school level can throw up if they are overtly excited - the younger the more likely of happening. Try to feed him lesser and limit his activities after meal time for abt 30mins or so (up to individual differences). Probiotics can also help - any brand also can - I use Gaia

Read more