What should I do? I just started weaning my baby at 6.5 months with cereals and veggie/fruit puree... she opens her mouth to accept the food but upon tasting it, she blows it out or let the food drip out like her saliva. She is 7.5 month now and I have yet to successfully feed her a few spoonful with her not spitting out seconds later. She enjoys her milk very well though. Pls share with me your advice/tips. Tks.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You might want to look into baby led weaning? Baby takes the lead to feed herself, as long as she can sit up well unassisted. Do some research and see if you would like to try. My son is now 9mo and eats pretty well :)

has she lost the tongue thrust reflex? she's playing with the food. they do not know tht it's food hence the playing.. don't give up! keep trying. (: slowly baby will understand tht what they're eating is food

My lo does the same since 6 mths to now 8mths old but can see getting better now .. justt keep feeding for lo to get use to eating and also let her observe u eat and try to exagerrate the munching to show her

U might like to show her that whatever on the spoon is food for her. Like eating infront of her via her spoon. So u take 1 spoon n offer her the next

It could take 2 months to start eAting. Now they are exploring textures and taste. I will do food play too

Thank you to all the helpful mommies for the insight and sharing. Much appreciated.