Hi just to ask. If my Husband wants a divorce without any reason. Will I get both kids (few months and 2 years old) ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just giving my views. Honestly nothing happens without anything happening first. Thinking back if there was any thing that you both didnt agree on. may it be the smallest thing to you but caused the disagreement. May it be things to low sex needs as compare to his. You might think its ok. And all not saying its right or wrong just that being together is about mutually understanding each other. Wouldnt you feel sad if you knew you didnt even try? Divorce is easy just a sign on the paper. What is difficult are the emotional baggage for your kids. Think carefully. Listen not our comments. But look within if you are ready for the consquences. I wish you a happy family

Read more

Under the sg law. Usually women will get the kids. But it depends on a lot of other criteria too. Are u financially independent? Who has been the main care Giver to the children? Etc There should be a reason y there is a need for divorce. It can't be "without any reason "

8y ago

We are earning about the same. His mom is taking care of the kids now as we are staying tgt. I think the reason may be that he is not mature enough and wants to not have any responsibility of the kids and partially due to his friend's influence (just married with a kid but still finding paid Sex services)

Most of the time, priority goes to mummy. As much as possible MSF will not seperate the child from the mom or main care giver. It also depends very much on your financial status. Also there must be a reason for divorce even if you file in court.

VIP Member

A way is, IF he wants a divorce due to not wanting as responsibilities. Get him to write a letter to say that he is giving the custody of both kids to you.