My 1 yo doesnt take porridge well. Used to puree porridge and veges for her but that was when she is 5mo+. Back then she can eat a whole bowl of it. But now she only take few teaspoon and doesnt want anymore and she will vomit out everyth. Very stressful everyday. Most of the time i just give her milk. She takes puffs and biscuits well but not porridge. Other than these 2 she wont eat anyth. Tried rice and noodles too but nth works. She has 8 teeths and more coming in. Her poop seldom have solids in it. 80% of the time its watery.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I can feel how worrisome it would be if the child is not throwing up food and practically refusing to eat everything. I suggest, you must see a doctor and address the problem. I mean, not eating enough is a common problem with kids and one can then find solutions to it by may be changing the style of cooking, recipes, etc., but if the child is puking then I think a person who is a professional should be seen for advice. I think you take her to the doctor and see what he says. Apart from that try changing the recipe of the food that you give he. I she is eating biscuits and puffs well, then probably there is some particular taste in the porridge that she doesn't like. Try avoiding any herbs if you are putting. And say, if you are feeding her sweet porridge all this while, try making it salty or visa versa.

Read more
8y ago

guess i will take it slowly for her to adapt to chunky foods..

My gal is also a fussy eater. She atill eats porridge but always make a lot of noise . Sigh my nephew who is younger than her can eat three bowls of the same porridge! Have you tried to do baby led weaning? Give her small pieces of food to hold and eat or let her bite off from pieces of food? I try to let my gal bite off chunks of sweet potato or pumpkin and she likes it. Maybe our babies do t like mashed food so much. Suggest you try to give her chunks of food when you are feeding porridge and see her reaction to it. How about bread? Or instant cereal? My gal seems to prefer cereal to food like pasta and porridge. I bought a few types of cereal from Bellamy organic apple cinnamon porridge, to Holle pumpkin maize porridge to Hipp Blueberry cereal. Just keep trying and don't give up

Read more
8y ago

i tried blw but she just grab the food and throw on the floor. sometimes i give her watermelom chunks she doesn't even dare to touch the food. tried giving her cereal but same thing eat a few spoonful dw to eat and keep want vomit out. so envy of ur nephew.