To all mommies! I have burning questions to ask. Which is most important when hiring confinement Lady? The confinement food that the CL prepares or whether she can assist me in BF?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will be most concerned about her hygiene level and whether she can take care of baby well. Breastfeeding wise I still think a lactation consultant and practise will make it easier. As for food well it is important but then it is hard to have someone cook daily meals for us which we like since we are not used to their cooking. But if you really want any me to choose between the two I will choose the food.

Read more

For me the confinement lady's duties are to help me with baby, cook and looking after me. I won't expect the CL to help me with breastfeeding as that is probably not their area expertise. If I need breastfeeding help, I'll contact a lactation consultation to come for home visit instead :)

Both? Personally for me i prefer someone who can assist me in the cleaning and cooking. Everything else i still do on my own with her help of course. Especially relating to baby. I prioritise the meals very much as iam unable to cook and have no knowledge of confinement food.

8y ago

If you are financially okay, then thats a better option. Subsequently look for someone to assist you and baby. More focused that way. At least meals are secured. You can focus on bby and helper that way.